Cardistry Video

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
I'l rate the video using a criteria based on these points: Flow, Variety, Difficulty, Video Quality
Flow: 5.5/10
Throughout the entire video, you looked fairly rigid. The Five Faces of Sybil cut looked extremely awkward and it looked like you were thinking a lot about what you were doing. You also messed up the TG Murphy Deck flip at 1:26 and still decided to put it in the video. There's no rush, you might as well get it right before putting it in the video. I suggest working on the Sybil cut in particular, because it will improve your flow in general. Some cuts looked great, others looked pretty bad. I thought the Anaconda was done extremely well and the cut at 0:55 was equally good. Loosen up a bit, it will show in your cardistry.

Variety: 4/10
I'm really getting tired of seeing constant flare cuts and Werm displays. Some of your variations are very creative, and I like the direction that you go in with some cuts. However, I feel like the video mainly displays cuts that have been done so many times before. I think I saw Prequel, Five Faces of Sybil, a Sybil Variation, 45 seconds of hand rotations and flares with clipped cards, Madonna (Jackson 5 Phase 1), Waterfall Shuffle, LePaul spread, a Spring, TG Murphy Deck Flip, a few Charliers, a Pressure Fan and like..2 cuts I've never seen. That isn't much variety; I think Dan and Dave teach almost all of that on their various DVDs.

Difficulty: 7/10
You are no novice. That's clear to me; a beginner would never be able to do the Madonna, the Spring or the Anaconda. Practice a little more and I'm sure that you'll be on much harder cuts in no time. Change up your sources a little bit too, your main flourishes seem very Dan and Dave. They're great by the way, but it has a very similar feel to it.

Video Quality: 8.5/10

You have a decent camera with decent editing skills. The video had a soft feel to it. My only problem with the video was that occasionally your hands would get extremely close to the camera making it very difficult to see what you're doing. Move back a little bit, it makes your flourishes look better if you can get the entire flourish on camera. Other than that, I'd suggest maybe playing around with a few other angles rather than just staying in the same spot. Good job

Final Verdict: 6.5/10
Where the was a few difficult moves done very well, it didn't distract me from the fact that there were multiple flaws in the video that sort of ruined it for me. I don't want to say that you are a bad flourisher, because you are definitely not. If you had no talent, I would tell you. But you do have potential, and I want you to know that. Practice a little more and make a new video, I'l be reviewing it using the same criteria.

All the best,
P.A.V

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 23, 2011
Wow , thanks a lot man for your honest opinion :)
i just recently started out to take Cardistry seriously , therefore i'm really able to create a lot of original flourishes . but i'll try my best !
looking forward for your review on my future videos .

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results