Cards - Do they matter?

Mar 29, 2008
First - I made this my screensaver, because it names off the most brilliant minds on this site

Second - I am disappointed my name wasn't on it

Third - This is the reason I will be finished with this forum soon - people like you and **** wad above ruin it for those that don't have their head up their a$$ - under a dozen people could lead this forum and it would leave a bunch of lemmings and wannabe mentors to "help".

Fourth - perhaps you should get that image on the back of a deck of cards - it seems to be all the rage - and nobody would think it was a trick deck, I am sure of it.

Oh my god, i'm sorry, but I found some of this thread kinda funny? After sifting through the rubble to pick up the little gems that were scattered about, of course. The beauty about the posts made between Steerpike, Morgician, & OneCardWonder, is that the smart people (and hopefully even the people with a little bit of sense) around here are gonna be able to take a lot away from what was said.

Personally, i'd like to thank all three of you for the posts you made, they were indeed, enlightening.

And of course, special thanks to Morgician, because let's face it, whether you love him or you hate him, sometimes nobody else really makes you wanna dive head first out the window like him. A special round of applause for Theory11's own, Dr. Kevorkian!

(RE-LAX, i'm just messing with you :p. Don't take it seriously, that's honestly not how it's ment. (I imagine him saying something like "Don't worry, I don't take anything you say seriously" haha, among many other things.) )

Mar 29, 2008
BWIllusionist - I don't take anythi...wait a minute, too predictable - truthfully, if my words could make people kill themselves, wow...that actually made me smile. Thanks.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Eh, arguing your point on an internet message board doesn't make you smart. Smart people don't need to prove it online. They know they are smart or brilliant and that's good enough for them.

I find that arguing points on a message board. No matter how old you are, is really childish and it takes those pro's and instantly brings them down to the level of the kids they are trying to argue against.

Doing it on a magic forum, just hurts magic. If you want magic to grow, you need to be encouraging. If somebody doesn't share your view point, then you need to respect that. otherwise it makes you look like an ass no matter how much experience in the business you have under your belt.

Sep 3, 2007
First - I made this my screensaver, because it names off the most brilliant minds on this site

Second - I am disappointed my name wasn't on it

Third - This is the reason I will be finished with this forum soon - people like you and **** wad above ruin it for those that don't have their head up their a$$ - under a dozen people could lead this forum and it would leave a bunch of lemmings and wannabe mentors to "help".

Fourth - perhaps you should get that image on the back of a deck of cards - it seems to be all the rage - and nobody would think it was a trick deck, I am sure of it.

Dude, don't leave! I've been asked many times if my cards were a "trick deck." I didn't even do anything to provoke the thought. It's just the fact that they look different as I'm sure you know.

Sep 3, 2007
Eh, arguing your point on an internet message board doesn't make you smart. Smart people don't need to prove it online. They know they are smart or brilliant and that's good enough for them.

Are you trying to say that YOU are smart... Obviously you have written a smart post while otherwise advising others not to.

I find that arguing points on a message board. No matter how old you are, is really childish and it takes those pro's and instantly brings them down to the level of the kids they are trying to argue against.

Get used to disappointment. Sometimes an argument comes up in "real life." I used to think the same way, that no matter how old you are you are being childish if you argue. Then I turned 13.

Doing it on a magic forum, just hurts magic. If you want magic to grow, you need to be encouraging. If somebody doesn't share your view point, then you need to respect that. otherwise it makes you look like an ass no matter how much experience in the business you have under your belt.

How much experience is under your belt? Because to me it sounds like the blind leading the visible.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
You don't need experience to tell if it's being hurt by jaded people. sadly tho this doesn't just happen in magic. It's pretty much in any entertainment form. It's also been happening A LONG time before the internet was even around.

You're hurting magic. Please stop with the fighting.

As for the original topic. Cards don't REALLY matter. Some people can point out that they are using trick decks and people still wouldn't believe them. While others can't. Find cards that you like and that fit your personality and make the best of them.

Sep 3, 2007
As for the original topic. Cards don't REALLY matter. Some people can point out that they are using trick decks and people still wouldn't believe them. While others can't. Find cards that you like and that fit your personality and make the best of them.

Is it alright if I disagree with you here? I've been in numerous situations where pulling out a custom deck of cards has fostered the response of a trick deck. I don't think it was my fault.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results