Carnival Theme?

Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
What magic effects can I perform for a carnival themed school show? On stage? In a hall?

Should I tell a story? Literally I mean...I'd like to have a story as my patter.

Also, if anybody has ever used a set-up to project what's happening on a table, please do PM me, I'd love to be able to do that, and it would take the worry of 'visibility' away from me.

Thank you so much!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
What magic effects can I perform for a carnival themed school show? On stage? In a hall?

They are probably having you perform because they think that all magic is basically carnival themed... so just do what you always do!

If you have a tough time performing on stage check this out.

Should I tell a story? Literally I mean...I'd like to have a story as my patter.

Patter and scripting is a very involved discussion...basically, it depends on the effect and how you want to present it...basically...

Also, if anybody has ever used a set-up to project what's happening on a table, please do PM me, I'd love to be able to do that, and it would take the worry of 'visibility' away from me.

This is super easy, especially at a school. Two options!

If you are at a school, they probably already use document cameras. This is a small camera that is used to project handwritten work on a projector. Chances are they already have one at the school already hooked up in the room you will be performing in.

The second option is to use a laptop as a camera monitor, then you just hook that up to a projector. This is super easy. Most cameras come with a cord that will allow you to hook it up to a laptop. Do that. Then download whatever software you need to activate "remote shooting" as Canon calls it (or look up "Laptop monitor for camera" for your brand of camera). Once you can get your laptop to show the camera feed just connect the laptop to your projector which the school probably already has!

If you want to get simpler, but a bit more technical, you can even hook up your camera directly to the projector. This gets messy sometimes because all cameras and all projectors are different.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results