Cartier by David Jade Help?

May 3, 2008
I really love this color change but I have a problem that's holding me back from performing it. I can't mention it here because I don't want to expose the trick so can anyone who owns this effect and thinks they can help just PM me or reply to this because I would love some advice.

Thanks,
Charlie

May 3, 2008
I had been practicing but I didn't have the video. I just figured it out. I just have trouble with one part and I can already perform the effect but i'm just having trouble with one part. Practicing won't help me figure it out

And please don't get mad at me for not buying the video. Is figuring out a trick any different from buying it. It's the same in the spectators eyes. And I don't want to waste 6 dollars learning something I already know

D

Deleted member 2755

I had been practicing but I didn't have the video. I just figured it out. I just have trouble with one part and I can already perform the effect but i'm just having trouble with one part. Practicing won't help me figure it out

And please don't get mad at me for not buying the video. Is figuring out a trick any different from buying it. It's the same in the spectators eyes. And I don't want to waste 6 dollars learning something I already know

It is the same in the spectator's eyes. Just not the same in the person who deserves the paycheck for creating the move. :) Whatever, you already KNEW it. You didn't figure it out like you said earlier in your post. You already knew it.

To the original poster, just keep practicing. You'll get it.

-Doug

May 18, 2008
It is the same in the spectator's eyes. Just not the same in the person who deserves the paycheck for creating the move. :) Whatever, you already KNEW it. You didn't figure it out like you said earlier in your post. You already knew it.

To the original poster, just keep practicing. You'll get it.

-Doug

That was the original poster.

And to which I shall offer no help because not supporting the creator and then ASKING for help on a move...

That is the reason you should buy it, because you have to ask for help. If you had bought it, and supported the creator, you would know MUCH more about it and actually be able to do it A LOT better.

May 3, 2008
I knew I would get bashed for this. When you pay the money for the trick, you are paying to learn the secret. I just don't see what the point is of paying to learn q secret you already know. And I highly doubt that the extra tips I didn't know before are worth that price. I'm not passing on the tutorial just so you guys can teach it to me. I figured out the trick because I was already in he proccess of creating something with a similar process already. I'm sorry for not buying the effect but I just don't quite see the point. Now I was wondering if anyone had any tips because so far all I've gotten is to practice which I already have been doing

May 3, 2008
Obviously, you don't already know it. Or else you wouldn't need help.

no I actually do know it. I just need help with one part of it. I'm not asking for someone to give me a tutorial I'm asking for someone who knows it to pm me so I can ask them my question on one tiny part of it.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
no I actually do know it. I just need help with one part of it. I'm not asking for someone to give me a tutorial I'm asking for someone who knows it to pm me so I can ask them my question on one tiny part of it.

If you did you'd be able to do it fine (after practice). Knowing partly how something is done isn't too helpful, obviously. You need the whole.
It's simple really.

May 3, 2008
If you did you'd be able to do it fine (after practice). Knowing partly how something is done isn't too helpful, obviously. You need the whole.
It's simple really.

Ok then. You know what? Fine. This is the second time in a row I've come to his forum asking for some tips on something and just gotten bashed.
And yes I have been practicing I was just wondering if anybody had any tips specifically for his effect but nevermind. Why do people even bother posting if they're just gonna bash me and offer little to no advice?

I said sorry. Now if anyone wants to offer any advice without bashing me be my
guest but I don't really see that happening

Jul 8, 2009
I am fairly new to magic but I understand the reaction you are getting. I am not bashing you but please understand. On one hand you say, you figured out the move and on the other hand you say you need help with it. It can't be both. If you buy the video, they will show everything you need, even the little tiny part you need help on. If you don't want to buy it, that is fine--but understand that is the first step to learning all the moves.

Lex

Dec 18, 2007
Chicago, IL
Why do people even bother posting if they're just gonna bash me and offer little to no advice?

Actually, you're getting great advice.

If you know a trick but can't do it, then you don't actually know it. The responses haven't been bashing--they've been teaching.

Sometimes you learn the most by not getting your question answered.

May 31, 2008
Actually, you're getting great advice.

If you know a trick but can't do it, then you don't actually know it. The responses haven't been bashing--they've been teaching.

Sometimes you learn the most by not getting your question answered.

Agreed, we have only tried to help you.

When you pay the money for the trick, you are paying to learn the secret. I just don't see what the point is of paying to learn q secret you already know.

The point is to respect the artist that created the move and was kind enough to put it on the market.

And I highly doubt that the extra tips I didn't know before are worth that price.

I don't own the video (I will buy it soon) but I can almost guarantee that the video will be well worth the price (only six bucks) I have often times watched an instructional video, practiced, practiced, practiced and not been able to do the effect or move correctly. However, I would re-watch the video and be able to do it correctly within a few minutes.

In short, just buy the video, it's only a dollar more than a foot-long-sub sandwich.

I am fairly new to magic but I understand the reaction you are getting. I am not bashing you but please understand. On one hand you say, you figured out the move and on the other hand you say you need help with it. It can't be both. If you buy the video, they will show everything you need, even the little tiny part you need help on. If you don't want to buy it, that is fine--but understand that is the first step to learning all the moves.

you cant be a beginner, you actually know that youtubing it up for tutorials is wrong. wow, there just might be a change in magic after all. just maybe...

Mar 16, 2009
USA
It's like a spectator saying, "you lifted two cards at once" for one phase of a multi phase ACR, they only figured out a (small) percentage of the trick but in their eye's "they know how you did it".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results