Cascade Control Review

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
REVIEW
Hey guys. This is my review for the Dan and Dave OnDemand video for Charlie Miller's Cascade Control. This is one of my new favorite controls, and once I get the cascade down pat itself, this will be second nature. I can already perform it easily, but it needs refinement. It's one of the cleanest controls I've seen since cavemen were doing double lifts. So here it is, folks.

EFFECT
A card is peeked at the edge of the deck. The magician then proceeds to flourish the cards in a way that resembles a waterfall. Then, the spectator's peeked card is on top.

VIDEO
Very high quality, and it's embedded onto the site, which is another nice feature as it won't be affected by crashes. It's the same as T11 1-on-1 downloads' quality, so it's crystal clear.

TECHNIQUE
Ingenious. The finer points in the control are very subtle. The moves aren't that difficult, especially if you're a regular card worker. If you want to merge flourishing with magic, this is your control.

PROS
Not angle sensitive
Great flourish
Smooth control

CONS
Flourish may seem out of place

In any case, I recommend this control with a 7.5/10. It's got its weak points, but it's one of the most superb controls yet. It's available at Dan and Dave's store, under the Techniques section.

Ian

Mar 9, 2008
Now for me the cascade control is angle sensitive, no matter how smoothly i can do it, and believe me i have been trying for a while.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results