Cash Out by Will Tsai

Nov 13, 2009
Hey Guys,

Ellusionist is carring a brand new effect that looks just amazing. Its a blank paper to money trick. One of the best ones I have seen check it out,

http://www.ellusionist.com/cash-out-by-will-tsai.html

And here is the description,

Why hand the bill out just to take them back?

What if you can take a piece of paper from your wallet, immediately turn it into a bill and hand this single bill out 'clean' ?! It's a practical dream come true effect that's designed for you to shop and pay with your magic.. ! Don't show off with your bills, PAY with it! Perform surrounded anytime anywhere with nothing to hide, palm, or clean up. Totally self-contained!

So what do you guys think? Personally I love it! It looks like something practical, something I would use, and something very visual. It almost has the feeling of extreme burn ( which is one of my work horse effects).

I would love to hear your thoughts so post away,

Christian

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 29, 2008
I think the method is very obvious - sadly if the bill is that clean, where will the heat be? The wallet.

I would be a deck of Nuggets that the wallet can't be examined even in the slightest way. It looks great, and I think would be a nice throw away...meaning, you move on from that effect to another one right away. However, it would be pretty strong and almost demands examination. It is like a fire wallet - people go OH fire!...then their next thought is...cool wallet. Not exactly magical.

Extreme burn at least happens isolated from something people would believe creates cover. I would stick with it.

Thanks for sharing.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
ah... Will is finally getting a company to represent him? haha. Im not a big fan of Will's material though, was never that practical

Jun 22, 2009
This could be used on the offbeat. Go and pay for something. Bust out a piece of paper and then change it while in the process of paying. You will stump clerks all over the world.

Nov 13, 2009
An Idea I had, Wouln't Cash Out be a great way to change a mismade bill to a real bill? You could open your wallet show the mismade bill give it a shake and have it change into a normal bill.

Just an idea,

Christian

May 3, 2008
I think the method is very obvious - sadly if the bill is that clean, where will the heat be? The wallet.

I would be a deck of Nuggets that the wallet can't be examined even in the slightest way. It looks great, and I think would be a nice throw away...meaning, you move on from that effect to another one right away. However, it would be pretty strong and almost demands examination. It is like a fire wallet - people go OH fire!...then their next thought is...cool wallet. Not exactly magical.

Extreme burn at least happens isolated from something people would believe creates cover. I would stick with it.

Thanks for sharing.
I would doubt that people would want to check your wallet since it is a personal object; people are more hesitant to touch a posession as valuable as a man's wallet. Of course, they might still suspect it, just that they won't bother checking the wallet. Extreme Burn would be a safe way to go if you never want to creatr suspicion in the first place.
I do personally think this looks good and I wouldn't mind using this if it is practical. I've heard of some bad products from them so I'd wait for some reviews. Aside from that, this looks incredible.

Mar 29, 2008
drkrelements, sorry if I made it sound like people would grab your wallet out of your hand. However, with heat being on the wallet, I know you will get asked. They won't expect you to hand it over, but they will ask you to see inside the wallet, or comment about it after the initial shock wears off. I am not sure how much of a "personal" object it is once you bring it into performance. I am sure they won't grab it and root through it...but truthfully, them thinking about the wallet is enough to kill the magic of the effect. It is like not being able to look behind the curtain.

It does look very neat - but how easy is it to back track the method? I am not sure it being "practical" is the selling point that needs to be focused on. Certainly that is important, but it can be practical as hell...and it does look practical...and not be deceptive. I would be more concerned that the method was see-thru.

I mean - post if this effect actually fooled you after a few seconds of thinking?

I also wonder how long the gimmick will last. It looks like something that Mark Mason once used for card in shoe, and card to wallet.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I have to agree with Morgician, it looks awesome right away...but just like many things, if the wallet is unable to be inspected you'd have to be able to draw suspicion away quickly and without arousing more suspicion...good luck.

It would be fun for the checkout line, but not a real worker for many peoples repertoire.

Jun 22, 2009
If I use it.... it would be to pull out two dollars and do two dollar window and for just paying for stuff. The thing is you have to use this not as a "TRICK" but something on the offbeat so that you dont get heat towards the wallet.

Sep 3, 2007
drkrelements, sorry if I made it sound like people would grab your wallet out of your hand. However, with heat being on the wallet, I know you will get asked. They won't expect you to hand it over, but they will ask you to see inside the wallet, or comment about it after the initial shock wears off. I am not sure how much of a "personal" object it is once you bring it into performance. I am sure they won't grab it and root through it...but truthfully, them thinking about the wallet is enough to kill the magic of the effect. It is like not being able to look behind the curtain.

It does look very neat - but how easy is it to back track the method? I am not sure it being "practical" is the selling point that needs to be focused on. Certainly that is important, but it can be practical as hell...and it does look practical...and not be deceptive. I would be more concerned that the method was see-thru.

I mean - post if this effect actually fooled you after a few seconds of thinking?

I also wonder how long the gimmick will last. It looks like something that Mark Mason once used for card in shoe, and card to wallet.

Just to put into perspective. I think you are right. Who would ask you to examine your own wallet? And given the nature of the trick, why would someone want to look at the wallet? Maybe cause he could have shoved a bill in and pulled another out, real fast?

Jan 16, 2008
I'm quite surprised by the huge flash in the demo video.

I agree with the previous presentation ideas.If I ever get this, I will perform this like real magic; as casual as can be, pulling a piece of paper from my wallet in front of the clerk, shrug, then *whoosh*...moment of pure magic. No big scene, but probably an epic reaction.
If I had real powers I would do it that way, so I think this trick would be worth it, even if the heat might be on your wallet, the casualness and the WAY you present it would diminish suspicion.

Just my 2 cents.

::dAvid

i feel this trick is made as a mini mirical
not to be like hey watch, me, tada,
its more like a, oh ok 5 bucks? umm ... BAM
not really something to do during a gig or w/e

now what if you changed the paper into the extreme burn gimmicks then follwed it up with that, or like hand out.
then you end pretty clean and takes some heat off of the wallet

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I think it looks OK, tho I never liked wallets that are that big. Specially for things like card to wallet. "Hey let me pull out my HUGE wallet, just to show your card in there." I also don't see the point of having to buy a new wallet just to do a quick bill switch. It just seems silly.

This is kind of why I like Extreme Burn because it doesn't really need anything super special for it.

Cash out is obvious to laymen. they figure it out! I showed this vid to my friends who are not magicians and they figured it out on the first view.

I will not bash Will Tsai for releasing this but I would definitely be angry with Ellusionist for selling this. I mean if they can not come up with something good, they must not come up with something so bad.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results