Center Deal

Sep 2, 2007
London
As I'm sure you know there was a bit of unnecessary fumbling with the deck before you started dealing which was an obvious tell, and there was a hesitation after you dealt the first card. If I were you I'd slow everything down and practice the whole sequence of cutting, reassembling the deck and dealing to a strict beat. Maybe get a metronome (or a metronome app for your phone or computer) to help keep a steady rhythm. Then, when you can get everything smooth and fluid at a slow tempo, gradually build up speed. If you go with this advice, an additional tip is to perform any movement that should be invisible off the beat. In other words, if you're counting, "1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and..." any re-gripping of the deck or get-ready should take place on an "and" rather than on a beat.

Hope that helps!

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
As I'm sure you know there was a bit of unnecessary fumbling with the deck before you started dealing which was an obvious tell, and there was a hesitation after you dealt the first card. If I were you I'd slow everything down and practice the whole sequence of cutting, reassembling the deck and dealing to a strict beat. Maybe get a metronome (or a metronome app for your phone or computer) to help keep a steady rhythm. Then, when you can get everything smooth and fluid at a slow tempo, gradually build up speed. If you go with this advice, an additional tip is to perform any movement that should be invisible off the beat. In other words, if you're counting, "1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and..." any re-gripping of the deck or get-ready should take place on an "and" rather than on a beat.

Hope that helps!

Thanks. Yes I still have problems trying to get into the deal which im working on. The hesitation after the first card or any card after a center I usually come across. I have dry hands so I usually have a glass thumb. It just slides off the card. Getting a purchase on the dead thumb deal is hard when you have dry hands. It shows on seconds big time if I dont have sortqwick or some type of moisture on my hands.

Thanks for the comment.

Kind regards

Mike

Sep 2, 2007
London
Maybe take some time to practice dealing alternating tops and centres. I think that's the quickest route to minimising any hesitation.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
Maybe take some time to practice dealing alternating tops and centres. I think that's the quickest route to minimising any hesitation.

You know its funny. I have practice dealing to diffrent seats but never practice alternating dealing with the center. Def going to work on that. Im also trying to get more thumb movement so I can get a purchase on the top card instead of trying to strike it off the top.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I agree with everything said so far. The deal itself is decent, but you give many tells surrounding it. The fumbling at the beginning, the inconsistent dealing pace, etc.

One thing I noticed that hasn't been mentioned is that when you're doing the false deal you tend to turn your body a bit, probably subconsciously moving the cards away and kind of hiding them at the moment of the move. You should work on keeping the cards out in the open, as moving them away tells people something's up. This is akin to the tendency for people to close their eyes when doing a sleight, or to hunch over and bring the cards toward their chest or belly.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results