Cheack out my awsome original color change

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
You're kidding, right?

Sorry to say that this too is not even remotely original. If originality was an Oreo, this would be milk, and I'd be dunkin'!

Check out John Cornelius' Winter Change, which is a similar principle, except better executed.

Sep 2, 2007
London
no this is not the winter change. it may look like the winter change (which it does) but it is NOT the winter change

I think it would be acceptable for you say it's your handling of the Winter Change, but it's not different enough for you to give it your own name, in my opinion. Plus, I think you filmed it a bit too soon. You seem a bit stiff and awkward with it. My advice would be, get the whole sequence running smoothly, then film it again, and we might see some more potential in it.

Jan 20, 2009
California
This change is written up in The leipzig book by lewis ganson pg. 22 its a very very old
change actually it way older the the winter change. like the old saying goes, if you
want to keep something a secret then put it in a book.

Jan 20, 2009
California
in the winter change it is not taken from the bottom. check out john cornelius's book
award-winning magic, and or in harry lorayane apocalypse, it in both books.
I think everyone can see where the card is being taken from, and it is completely impractical. You seem to be recreating a colour change for the sake of creating, not for a viable reason. Just my opinion.
i agree

Feb 4, 2008
I don't know what these guys are talking about. I thought that was almost as entertaining as watching "Plan 9 From Outerspace."

Guys this is called a classic color change. The original one not the "Erdnase 2 handed color change" that T11 put out for free labeled the "Classic Color Change." It is a very simple concept that has been around in card magic since the double lift. So no, it is not original. I would say you need a lot more work on your handling too but hey at least you got the angles right.

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
The only thing I agree with in this thread is the fact that its so similar to another change, and from what I can infer of how its done, its not any more convenient. That should be the only reason you alter a change is if you find an easier, more clever method. So, in closing. In my opinion, its not anything that I would use, but I don't use the Winter change either. There just aren't any tricks in my repertoire that I could replace the change with.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
The point is not whether or not your change is exactly the same as the Winter change, or any other color change. The point is that in my opinion, and it seems the opinions of others, it is insufficiently different to be considered anything other than derivative of existing work, and was performed rather poorly to boot.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results