Cheat

Does anyone here use there knowledge of slights and cards, to cheat and win money?

Really? Your asking us to lead you to material on how to be a thief. Im an honest cheat and I dont use my skills to take advantage of people. You dont belong here with that type of thinking process.

Sorry to be blunt I hope I run into you one day so I can change your way of thinking. I have no tolerance for this kind of stuff.

Shane

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Sleight of Hand is eternally linked to cheating and theft via its history and its evolution. To say one is an "honest cheat" is a cute axiom, but is nonsense. You might deceive to entertain, but you cannot by definition of the words "honestly cheat".

I would no longer use my physical skills to manipulate the outcome of gambling. Psychological methods and tactics are, however, still totally acceptable to me. I use them often, and successfully.

Cuff me, I cheated and won a Monster drink :p
You can cheat with magic sleights as they are so common to a cheaters methods.
He didn't ask for info or insight, he asked for a yes or no.
Answer the question or hold your breath for a useless post will some value to it

~PaCo

Actually in essence yes he was. You don't have to ask a question directly to inadvertanly deny asking something else. And I will not get into a battle over the differences between me and someone who uses their skills for cheating others out of their money that's comparing apples to oranges. I am a entertainer who prides himself on being honest with those skills but for all of you that feel its OK than thats fine but lets not hope its me you take.

Im out.

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
Does anyone here use there knowledge of slights and cards, to cheat and win money?

I have a patter for this kind of thinking. It revolves around how con-men hate magicians, because we show people possibilities. Cutting to the four aces? Did you know it was possible? Can you think of any practical applications? If not, want to play poker later tonight?

If it were me, I'd stay away from using sleights to win money. I think this guy might have a story or two about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I've used it to cheat for fun, to see what people will say or see if anybody will catch me, but never when money is involved.

And I have to agree with Chase on this one. Magicians and sleight of hand artists have been linked to theft and hustling from magic's very beginnings. Just look at the classic 3 Card Monte, created to hustle money from people, but a magic trick nonetheless.

Feb 23, 2008
Houston
www.myspace.com
I normally practice all the slieghts that would be required in cheating whenever I play for fun, but I havn't ever taken someone's money from my skills. However when it comes to drinking games that use cards, hahah everyone knows not to play.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results