Cheating Buying

Truthfully! Have you ever used youtube etc to learn a trick that you have to pay for

• yes

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • no

Votes: 20 36.4%

• Total voters
Apr 7, 2009
This is one of those subjects, like religion, politics, and the ever amusing blaine vs. angel, where people r never going to agree. Some say its ruining magic, others dont, but i can tell u by posting what effects have tutorials ur not helping things any if u believe it is. personally i'm not worried about it because the videos r poorly done and they dont give u insight the way the pros do about the various nuances. Also its not the secret that makes the effect, its the performance and patter which gives it its power and thats something none of these youtube yuppies can show u how to do. We as performers make the effect, not the secret. And i have yet to have anyone call me out on any of my tricks so youtube is failing miserably at ruining MY art.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
This thread makes me laugh. I remember when I started getting into magic again, I would look a clips on YouTube. Though they were all of tricks that had become main stream and that no one really could claim the credit for (for example how to do double lifts, breaks, palming, etc.) After a couple of these those I realized that I hated a 14 year-old trying to teach something that he just picked up from somewhere else. Where did that lead me you might ask, to the pros where I was more than happy to dish out a few bucks to learn the tricks. So if it weren't for that stupid 14 year-old, I don't think I would have gone any further into magic. I have searched far and wide for people who can teach it well, and that is why I now check out these forums. As far as magic secrets being revealed, I am not too worried about that either. They have been revealing them for years but people still don't know what we are doing most of the time. It is like T11's saying "Cerca Trova" but the truth is most people don't do the searching.

-The King of Spades

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results