Check Out my effect: Xenon Kings

Aug 11, 2012
Washington
I know the plot isn't original, however my method is completely impromptu, no duplicates, gimmicks, or anything. This can be done with a deck borrowed and shuffled from the spectator.
Let me know what you guys think, if it fools you,(yes, even if only the first time), let me know.
Thanks!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
First off, why is your focus on what you aren't doing with the props and having people examine the cards? Did you actually say that you would have the audience verify there are no double-faced cards? Who do you perform for that knows about double faced cards? The more you try to prove that everything is "normal" the less the audience believes you. Also, if you focus on methods you are not using, that makes the audience wonder what methods you are using.

From a sleight of hand perspective, the addition and the counts are painfully obvious. From :28 to :33 you are fiddling with the deck. A spectator will see that you are doing "something" while a magician will know what you are doing. The grip on the packet a :34 looks too tense. The speed for your counts is way to fast. It looks like you are trying to cover something with the speed. Your hands are too close together for the counts. Also, I'm not sure why you do multiple counts (I haven't thought through it to figure out if that is necessary) each time. Again, at 1:45 it looks like you are doing something.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results