Chicago Opener Battle Faust v. byu

I had the chance to talk with this newcomer to both the forums and magic, member name- byu. He is a pretty cool guy who is just getting started. He was eager to battle and so after deciding on a trick we could both do, it is now on like Donkey Kong.

We have both agreed to perform for an actual spectator or spectators, so it will be a live performance.

Please be sure to cast your vote on this upcoming battle. It opens in four days

May the best magician win.

Last edited by a moderator:

byu

Jul 1, 2009
USA
Sorry, but what is the magical definition of "opener"? I'm pretty new to this terminology?

byu

Jul 1, 2009
USA
It's the first effect you do.

I should have guessed that, based on previous experiences.

In chess, an "opening" is a first few set of moves you do, often standardized (I like e4 e5 Nf3 Nc6 Bc4 Bc5 d3, for any of you chess players).

So, for an opening, I like Chicago Opener, but I'll often do a four-ace force ("I need your help to find the four aces, so just tell me when to stop, and we'll see if you can find the aces" + riffle force) followed by a four ace trick (Inv-ace-able, from youtube.com/kammagic is one of my favorites).

byu

Jul 1, 2009
USA
Faust, would you mind changing the deadline to a little later? I invited some friends over to show them the trick, got it recorded, but i don't know how long it will take to get it ready to upload. Thanks.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Faust, would you mind changing the deadline to a little later? I invited some friends over to show them the trick, got it recorded, but i don't know how long it will take to get it ready to upload. Thanks.

If you only put up the raw footage, without ANY editing whatsoever - it will only take 5 minutes.

Otherwise....

G

Voting has opened! Please take the time to watch both videos and cast your vote...

I would like to apologize for the edit, it did not affect the trick obviously. My camera person pressed the button by accident. I did my best with my Roxio media creator to put it seamless, but alas, I am no expert.

Thank you all for taking interest in this battle. I think my opponent did a pretty good job.

byu

Jul 1, 2009
USA
Nice job Faust, although the video seems to be taking a long time to load, maybe it's just my computer. I don't think I did very well... my double lift is bad. Also please take the time to subscribe to my channel. Thanks.

http://youtube.com/4aceMagic

May 31, 2008
I voted for Faust. BYU, you seemed to rush the performance, and you should never do that. Always take your time to build up to the finale.

byu

Jul 1, 2009
USA
It looks like Faust wins. Well, it was fun performing anyway. At least I improved a lot, thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I voted for Faust.

But there were certain aspects of your routine i wanted to talk about. Mainly the performance.

You had some awesome spectators, very open and such. You were talking about gangsters, nice one. But i felt it didnt really end, you started the line of the gangster and it didnt unravel.

Work on that try giving the deck to the first spec and let the squeeze it. And say something rude or something gangsterish, to make it more awesome perhaps? :)
And to get some laughs on the way.

Some awesome reactions, and byu nice job, your reactions were the ones i mainly like, a bit inward and not so much outward. Good!

Ill pm you about a little idea i had with this.

Mikk

Jul 25, 2008
Upstate New York
I also voted for faust because byu rushed. Byu, just practice and practice the trick, but don't get too anxious, and slow down the trick. One thing that I didn't like about Faust's performance was that when you ribbon spread the cards to make one turn blue, you kind of turned your back to the girl, and that was not a good thing to do. Although the reactions were great and the performance was great. So once again, I voted for Faust. Nice job both of you!

I also voted for faust because byu rushed. Byu, just practice and practice the trick, but don't get too anxious, and slow down the trick. One thing that I didn't like about Faust's performance was that when you ribbon spread the cards to make one turn blue, you kind of turned your back to the girl, and that was not a good thing to do. Although the reactions were great and the performance was great. So once again, I voted for Faust. Nice job both of you!

Thanks for the vote and the advice to both me and brian. I won't bore you with my excuses.:)

Cool name by the way.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results