Choosing a deck of cards, recommendations?

Favorite theory11 deck?

• Monarch

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Artisan

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Archangels

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Rebels

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Sentintels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guardians

• theory11 Titaniums

• Deck One

• Steampunk

• Tally Ho Fan Back

• Total voters
Jun 15, 2013
Hello theory11 community!

This is my first post, but råecently I have become very interested in the art of cards. However, I do not know where to start as there are very few comparisons for cards but yet very many brands and products.

My budget is <$15 (per deck), so I won't be purchasing any promotional, rare, or uncut decks. I might make mulitple purchases (2-3), however.

I am looking for a deck of cards that is good for cardistry movements (fanning, shuffling, cuts, springs and dribbles, etc.) but can also execute magic tricks well. I intend for them to at least last 2 years with use about 3-4 times per week, usually more. However, I also want my deck to be able to handle playing card games with others, and I don't want playing with them wear them down too much. Nicer designs would be appreciated, but not necessary,

Any advice, suggestions, recommendations or places to find more info would be nice. Thanks in advance for any help given!

Also, I have a poll to ask what your favorite deck from theory11 is.

Bryson G.

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
You want a little too much out of your deck there. Any Theory11 deck will fit your specifications in terms of quality. If you're really nervous about it, there are a TON of deck reviews on Youtube, even entire channels devoted to reviewing decks for cardistry and magic. Now, as for getting two years out of a deck, that's SLIGHTY unrealistic, especially with others handling your cards. You say 3-4 times a week is how much you'll be using your cards, so that doesn't leave me a lot to go by. There are two main ways deks get "used" up, if you will, besides the obvious spilling on them or getting them signed/torn up in performances. The first is when oil gets from your hands and discolors the sides of the cards slightly and makes them less rigid. This can be stopped if you ALWAYS wash your hands before handling, but I don't think that ever happens all the time for anyone. The second is when cards get slightly warped or slightly bent over time with shuffles, crimps, springs, etc. This process is slowed slightly by the better quality of cards at Theory11, but is bound to happen, ESPECIALLY when other people use your cards. Letting other people play card games with your cards, with the peeking and bending the cards to stop others from seeing, the mangling of the cards to keep them hidden or close, and bridge shuffling, will QUICKLY choke the life out of your cards and annihilate their quality.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results