Chris Kenner - Five Speed

Apr 20, 2010
Hello guys,
I would like to hear your opinion on my version of FIVE SPEED.I thought I have made my best but tell me everything. What would you like to change on my performence and ect. Because I want to be still better I have to hear true..:)
Thank you a lot guys..!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4qIeZR3ERc

As for the slights, you're doing well, I didn't catch anything too suspicious.

But when you actually perform this, you /need/ patter. Badly.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Using a different turn over for your DL and your single card is a really bad idea.

You use a different turn over for the first time the ace comes to the top, than you do the second time it comes to the top. Just do a regular turn over the entire routine, rather than sliding the top card out and then turning it over. Very unnatural.

Also, your DL could use some work, the massive bend you put in the card as you turn it over screams DL (especially in this youtube day and age).

Being consistent and simple is very important in this routine. You are showing a spectator a trick with only five cards, thus it becomes infinitely easier to do something that looks fishy.

If you watch CK's demonstration, you will see that he is consistent every time he turns over a card. This is one of the biggest selling points of the trick and is a reason why it looks natural and why it avoids suspicion.

Feb 5, 2009
You do it very well, but I got 2 points for you. Work a little bit on your double lift, and also when you perform this live for an audience, slow it down. The first reason to slow it down is that they need time to react to every phase of the effect, and the second reason is that I've found that if you do this to quick, people tend to remember their selection more clear and always name it out at the final reveal. If you however slow down a bit, they almost always forget about it until you reveal it :) Good luck man!!

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I really liked it. In all honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about the DL thing. I like to mix up my DLs, as well. A lot of the time I just do a standard, but sometimes I'll throw in a One Handed or a Diving Board Double. I've never had anyone comment on it, so I wouldn't focus on changing it to the point where the fluidity of the trick suffers because you're unnaturally trying to change a part of it that doesn't really need to be changed. That last bit was a bit confusing, but I don't want to retype it, so good luck making sense of it. ;)

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
I would agree to slow it down. I tend to rush it as well but it hits much harder if you take your time with it and let the magic sink in to the spectators. Also, when you do the DL I think you do it a touch to fast. I suggest slowing that down just a bit so it doesn't look as fishy. But very welll done overall. I liked it. Good work!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results