Classic Pass and DPS

Feb 10, 2013
For the classic pass, practice more to improve speed and do it in front of a mirror to learn angles. For the DPS also work on angles as I saw it clearly. Also practice to get it more natural and fluent, as it looks suspicious with what you are doing. I am no expert on either of these moves, and am still practicing myself, but I can clearly see that they need work. I would take down the videos, because you are exposing the methods for both moves.

Jan 1, 2013
I have since watched the videos and agree that the performance is pretty sub-par. I will take the videos down as suggested once I have got some more advice from other magicians as to the problems.

Apr 9, 2013
With the riffle pass, it is important to make the shift and the cover as close to one action as possible. I'm new here and not sure on how tight the rules on exposure are, so mods please delete this if it is inappropriate, but the best approach to a riffle pass is not to attempt to pull the upper packet down with the left fingers, but to simply relax them as the right hand brings the lower packet up. In bringing the lower packet up it is important not to try to lever the packet using the fingers of the right hand - instead set up a pivot point between the right first or second finger and the pad of the left thumb, which should rest on the side of the deck (refer to EATCT "the two handed shift" for illustrations to this effect). To make the shift pull upwards and slightly to the left which should cause a pivoting action of the lower packet. The aforementioned relaxing of the left fingers means the lower packet is almost brushed out of the way as the packets are transposed. This approach works well in my opinion for riffle or dribble style passes as you can get to a point where you basically just have to riffle to make the pass take place. At this point however I would simply focus on doing the move as slowly and smoothly as possible. I hope this has been useful and not a bunch of meaningless nonsense and please ask me if it's not clear.

Arthur

P.S Small qualification - seeing as it is my first post: All of the above is merely my opinion based on my rather "junior" riffle pass (around one year) but these are simply things I find help.

Jan 1, 2013
Thanks to all who replied. I have now taken down the videos as I feel that they are accidentally exposing the moves and there is little there that, for now, I cannot sort out with practice and private study. I may post similar ones in the future.

Thanks again,

Cameron

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results