www.youtube.com
Creator: Taiwan Ben
Publisher: Taiwan Ben Magic
MSRP: $ 50
Skill Level: all skill levels
DVD Run time: 9:54

Type of effect: Self-bending paperclip effect

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Organic magic at its best! Every Magician knows the most powerful magic happens in the hands of their spectators. Imagine with just the powers of your mind bending a normal looking paperclip in your spectators hand!

CLIP is an Illusion you can (and will) take with you everywhere you go. CLIP is as close to real magic as you can get and there is no "gimmick" to find.... Because the CLIP IS the gimmick! A real Illusion that is extremely compact and well made.

How accurate is the ad copy?

Both the commercial and the written copy accurately convey what happens; Very accurate

What's in the box?

2 paperclips and an access code to the online streaming instructions.

Key points:

Absolutely, No Skill necessary, the paperclips are well made and there is no other "gimmick" used. Because it is a paper clip, the magic is very compact, put it in your wallet and take with you everywhere.

How are the production values:

The video instructions are a VIMEO online video. The instructions are well shot and teach you what you need to know.

Is it well made:

The paperclips are made from nickel titanium (nitinol) and will last you for a long time.

Is it well taught:

Here is where I take some issue. There are no vocals on the instructions, only a sub title. I assume because of a language barrier. Second, you will get no routines, no patter and no "why" for these effects. Only the "solution" and the "set up" are offered, everything else will be up to you.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked):

Here is where I have some more issue.... I don't like that there is no control over the bend. The "magic" happens instantly and it a fraction of a second. If your spectator blinks or looks away they will miss it. Second, while no "gimmick" or thread is used, that isn't to say that you don't need a "catalyst" to perform this. There is an element (and it's seen in the video so I am not giving anything away) that you will have to have to make this effect work and so it will limit some performers.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?"

Only the paperclips are used for the effect, however to carry the paperclip on your person in a "ready" position will require some extra "bulkiness."

How practical is this in the real world? Does it "play big?"

I don't believe this is practical for walk around or street magicians, but will play well for restaurant and parlor magicians.

How original is this idea?

Metal bending is not original and there are other self bending paper clips on the market. The method for CLIP is also not new as many other metal bending effects use the same process and setup.

Score:

Video 6/10
Gimmicks 9/10
Ease of use in the real world 7/10
Overall Score 8/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit thislink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gECm3DPk7i8

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results