Clip Shift Question!

Jun 11, 2008
Neww Jerseyy
Yooo. Ok well i will be getting Surfaced by Chad Nelson but i have one problem. I know the DVD is mainly based on one trick and i see that the Clip shift looks Amazing but i would would like to know if it really gets amazing reactions to the audience, being part of a routine or by itself. Please let me know!

Aug 31, 2007
How do you KNOW that the DVD is based on mainly 1 trick, or by 'trick' do you mean the Clipshift? I have the DVD ,which is well worth the price, and there is more than 1 trick. Also, the clipshift , as a regular color change, does get good reactions.

Jun 11, 2008
Neww Jerseyy
to me i think it was amazing but certain things to spectators arent like i thought cardini change was AMZING but it doesent get the best reactions... Anyone ever perform Clip Shift to an Audience?

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
A trick and/or sleight alone will never get GREAT reactions...

You have to perform it, not just do it. So many people buy things because they think IT gets good reactions. Sure there are some effects out there that don't need anything, they're just that simple, visual and powerful (McDonald's Aces comes to mind). But you can't just expect to buy an effect, learn it, do it and get good reactions. There's a difference between "doing" and "performing".

Tricks don't get reactions (in most cases), the Performers do.

- Sean

Tricks don't get reactions, the Performers do.

- Sean

Amen.

Anyone ever seen the video of J. Bayme's Erdnase Change flooring an entire room and causing pandaemonium in the school where he was? Something so simple, so old, and yet getting "reactions" that you'd expect from some "big release".

I am so tired of people saying "does this get reactions?". Its as if all people want are tricks that do ever bit of work for them. They want to be able to take an effect and perform it (usually incorrectly), look at their spectators with the dumb, immature smile I see so often, and watch them freak out.

That IS NOT magic. That is not the art I bust my fingers and body to learn and perform. That is going to a gag shop, buying a folding quarter and going out and showing your 13 year old older brother the new toy you just got.

For god sakes, respect this art please. Do what it takes, learn performance skills and practice sleights until your hands hurt. BE A MAGICIAN.

And then if you get "good reactions" its because you have worked hard for it and earned it. Not because your childish trick happened to go well.

C=B

Dec 30, 2007
How come that suddenly everyone can perform the clipshift, when the DVD was released just a week ago ?!?

Practice, practice, practice! I'm sure if I practiced it for 4 hours a day at least for a week, then I would have the mechanics down and a smooth (but not perfect) performance.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results