Clipshift noise and hands

Apr 11, 2009
Hi ive got problems with clipshift, since im still young i have smaller hands and not just does it look bad but it makes tons of noise and sometimes my hands get so tense that i drop all the cards. Ive practiced for three months, and i still cant do it. i need HELP! if u can just pm me.

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Hey man no worries bout the clipshift, i am 2 an half months into it and havent gotten it down...i still deal with noise an the cards still scatter everywhere. But a good tip is to start with less than half the deck an practice the move till u get it "down" then slowly an gradually place more cards in that stack till u have the entire deck within ur grasp. Size of hands doesnt matter, modify the grip to make it easier..an jus keep goin at it...i have faith u will surpass with flyin colours.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I know people who have spent longer.

The problem is that for many young magicians, the Clipshift will be the first truly hard move they've come across. There's no magic secret that will stop it making noise or looking bad. Especially since you're young, you'll need to practice more than most people, simply to get your hands more flexible (it sounds like that's why your hands are getting tense) and more accustomed to the move.

Jul 16, 2008
Hey it not your hands its the way you shift the cards i still make noise after 6 months of practice and my hands are huge

Apr 28, 2008
I agree with Praetoritevong, I suspect this is the first difficult move you have come across, it took me at least 4 or 5 months to get comfortable performing the Clip Shift for live audiences. It made loads of noise for me as well, I had to go through the move really slowly and work out exactly what was causing the noise. For me, the problem was the replacement, the card was snapping off my ring finger, this has nothing to do with hand size, hand size is just an excuse for not being able to do it as soon as you expect.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada Eh?
This probably won't give anything away, but try not squeezing the deck so hard. It usually works for me. When I start to have troubles when I practice, I tend to clench the deck a little too hard.

I won free stuff from Element! It's 100% legit straight from the Element site

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results