Clutch by Oz Pearlman

Dec 25, 2007
Hello all

This thread is directed at owners of "Clutch" by Oz Pearlman. I was just wondering, is the trick hard to perform, or is the secret easy to figure out? It seems pretty full proof from the video, at least in my opinion. I was thinking about purchasing it, but I just hoping for some information/opinions.

Thanks

*Also, for those who haven't yet seen the effect, you can catch the performance here

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
i doub tthey will find it out, its VERY easy to do

what the advertisement for it says, is right.
there is basically no slight of hand.

two moves, which i would not consider slights and they are very easyto learn

Dec 3, 2007
Let me start by saying...

Clutch is awesome :D, it is what it is; easy, deceptive and hard hitting.

Clutch is one of the easiest tricks that I know.

The only problem I find with it is, most people my age (teenagers) would not wear shirts with pockets on them. I don't want to put it in their pants pocket and reach in there.

That would be...inappropriate.

If you do get it, just do it with people with the shirt pockets. (No females, of course. Hehehe.)

;D

Dec 13, 2007
I agree with the other posts here.

Clutch is easy and fun to perform. There are a few minor moves, but nothing crazy.

I saw Oz and Ken Salaz do Clutch in their stage show "The Unseen" a few weeks ago. The effect is great, but it was not a big crowd pleaser. In fact, I thought it fizzled a bit.

IMO this is because this effect is much better suited to do for a few people in a more intimate setting -- like for friends or for walk-around -- rather than in a stage show.

But if you're going to do this for friends and family, I say, get it.

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
I agree with the other posts here.

Clutch is easy and fun to perform. There are a few minor moves, but nothing crazy.

I saw Oz and Ken Salaz do Clutch in their stage show "The Unseen" a few weeks ago. The effect is great, but it was not a big crowd pleaser. In fact, I thought it fizzled a bit.

IMO this is because this effect is much better suited to do for a few people in a more intimate setting -- like for friends or for walk-around -- rather than in a stage show.

But if you're going to do this for friends and family, I say, get it.

I saw their a few months ago! It was at Opia in New York...

Nov 1, 2007
I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but am I the only one who thinks this is incredibly overpriced? I mean, there are much better 1on1s here, and they cost a fourth of what Clutch costs.

I don't own Clutch, but I found the method easy to figure out after the second time of watching the preview video. Was that a magician he performed it for? I honestly don't see how he got it by him.

Jun 25, 2008
Performing for a magician

If it WAS a magician, I'd like to think he'd never blow things for the performer. I've been in that situation and played along like the clueless spectator I was supposed to be.

<edit>BTW I agree with the above reviewers. Easy to perform as long as you can do the (pretty simple) moves without hesitation. And the reactions for a small group were all I could ask for.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I don't own Clutch, but I found the method easy to figure out after the second time of watching the preview video. Was that a magician he performed it for? I honestly don't see how he got it by him.

Same time he got it by you the first time watching it and I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't of said "Here let me do it again so you can see how it works.". Contrary to popular belief, magicians don't know everything there is to know about magic and if they come across a method they've never seen before then they get stumped and end up buying it because it's all about who can fool who the most now these days.

- Sean

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
I was fooled by it the first and second time i watched the preview because the handling was so fair.
And in the explanation itself, the handling REALLY is fair.
I thought the principle behind it was rather weak though. Its just a different presentation to something most of us wouldve thought up when we were starting out.
It does kill most of the people i perform regularly for though. "No breaks held, fair shuffle, no peeks, right into the box. What could he possibly do now?"

Clutch is EXTREMELY easy. Really, you could do Clutch even if only yesterday you started with magic, and it's also very fool proof. The handling is so fair, your audience won't even think about trying to catch you out, you let them shuffle, take the box, it's all as fair as they say in the penguin site.
And if I'm not mistaken, you get two other nice tricks when you buy Clutch - Kicker and 10 Cards Poker Deal, which are both really neat, so all in all it's a really good deal.
I recommend it. It is not new concept, but you'll never be caught, and there's really no sleight of hand involved.
Have fun! :)

Aug 7, 2008
whoa, is it that simple? and with no sleights , that seems a bit..unreal? o_O altho, i am considered new to magic (somewhat), the first time watching this, i just thought "oz.....man, you totally screwed up =/ but then why would this be a trailer if u did screw up o_O" looks like you can fool anyone with this , haha.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results