Clutch by OZ Pearlman

Oct 6, 2007
I havent seen a review for this trick yet and I thought it would be a good idea to get this trick out there beacuse it is awesome. 100% impromtu can be done with a borrowed deck here is what is says about the trick on penguinmagic.

The deck is borrowed. Fair.

The spectator shuffles, picks a card, and returns it to the deck. Fair.

The cards are put in the card box. Fair.

The box is closed. Fair.

The spectator puts the deck in his/her own pocket. Fair.

The spectator confirms there's nothing else in his/her pocket... just a deck inside a CLOSED box! Fair.

You show your hands COMPLETELY empty. You show them slowly and from all angles. Your sleeves are rolled up. Fair. Fair. Fair.

You explain exactly what you're gonna do. This is as fair as it gets!

You reach into the spectator's pocket and INSTANTLY pull out the chosen card. Your hand darts in at lightning speed and BOOM, a card appears at your finger tips. This happens in the blink of an eye... literally less than a second!

You ask the spectator to check the box of cards. The box is still closed!

Top 5 reasons we love Clutch:
It's extremely fooling--laypeople don't have a chance!
It's dramatic--you set up an impossible challenge for yourself.
It's visual--you instantly pluck the card from your spectator's pocket.
It plays huge in multiple environments--close-up, street, stand-up, and stage.
It can be done with a borrowed deck without ANY preparation. Perform clutch anytime, anywhere... everytime, everywhere!

This is all true about this trick. Its incredible. Its easy. and the best part NO SETUP spectator shuffles the deck before the trick and AFTER THE CARD GOES BACK IN! This trick blows peoples minds and makes for a awesome opener, middle, or closer. OZ Pearlmans tricks almost NEVER dissapoint and this is OZ at his best, Do yourself a favor, BUY THIS TRICK!

Sep 12, 2007
Normandy, FRANCE
The only thing is that it's waaaay overpriced. I mean come on, the trick is really good, but 20 bucks for it ? It's twice the price of DM's Angle Zero in the 1on1 section !!

Dude its an idea that has been in magic forever.... i learnt it from Daryl as far as i remember
.. all it is is a variation to the sleight(i dont think its really a sleight though).

Yeah, just as Oz said in the trick video, it is an old idea, revised in a new way. I still think it's brilliant, even though I also learned it from Daryl in the Encyclopedia of Card Sleights. The brilliance of Clutch is to take this old principle in a new direction. Also, the way you pull out the card is also very nice.

The only thing is that it's waaaay overpriced. I mean come on, the trick is really good, but 20 bucks for it ? It's twice the price of DM's Angle Zero in the 1on1 section !!

I agree, it's over priced, but... When I bought it, they added two more neat little tricks into the deal, and that evened things up a little bit. I don't know if they still have the same deal, but it's worth checking.

Oct 6, 2007
Think of how many tricks rely on old classic sleights. Just beacuse it has been around doesent curb the effectiveness. Your looking at it from a magicians standpoint. Its still an awesome trick.

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
I also think it is overpriced, but very effective. "Clutch" is also the setup for some other really effective routines including an old card through handkerchief, a card peek for mentalism, and a no palm card to wallet. If the teaching included some of those routines then maybe I could justify the price. For $20 you could get several books that would teach pretty much the same routine, plus other material.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results