Aug 8, 2016
Hey everyone!

I'm start coin magic a little bit ago after doing card magic for the last 5 years. I reading david roth expert coin magic and I'm looking for so coins. I currently use Kennedy Half Dollars but I'm looking for copper coins (about the same size). I always see coin magic with Japanese or Chinese coins with a hole in the middle but I have no idea what its call.

Any thoughts on the copper coins or the other Japanese or Chinese coins?
Thanks for the Help!

-Magic Mike (XXL)

Mar 4, 2018
I personally use Grifters right now. Not sure about the copper coins but you can typically get the Chinese coins anywhere and I know Tenyo makes a good selection of them gaffed and ungaffed.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I've been working on coin stuff using custom coins from Dead on Paper. They're about the size of a silver dollar, but look more like something my character would have. I've also used the Oracle coins (they have Ouija-esque designs and "Yes" and "No" on them), but I prefer the other kind with sharper sides for palms and grips.

The coins with a hole in the middle (usually black with gold asian characters on them) are simply called "Chinese Coins" in most cases. I believe a British Penny is around the size of a half dollar, as are some peso coins.

Personally, I just got a couple cool looking coins with clearly different colors and keep working with those to learn the sleights I need.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Hey everyone!

I'm start coin magic a little bit ago after doing card magic for the last 5 years. I reading david roth expert coin magic and I'm looking for so coins. I currently use Kennedy Half Dollars but I'm looking for copper coins (about the same size). I always see coin magic with Japanese or Chinese coins with a hole in the middle but I have no idea what its call.

Any thoughts on the copper coins or the other Japanese or Chinese coins?
Thanks for the Help!

-Magic Mike (XXL)
For copper half dollar sized coins you can use English pennies. For the Chinese coins check with your magic supplier.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results