Coins Galore!

Mar 16, 2009
USA
Hey guys what's up? I recently decided to broaden my knowledge and repetiore of coin magic and sleights. I know some basics and have Bullet, Factory Sealed, Sinful, and Benttouchslink where I've learned the majority of the coin stuff I currently know. (I also have Scotch and Soda and the M5.) I realized that I need more coin stuff in my routine because I'm not using a majority of this stuff do to prep time, extensive gimmicks ect. The only one that I use often is Sinful. ( I also know a simple four coin/ four cards covered coin matrix.)

I would prefer to order from here (Theory 11), Ellusionist, or Tannen's website. A few gimmicks are fine but I also want to have quite a few coin sleights under my belt. It would also help if I order from mainly one of the mentioned websites. For example: T11-Digital dissolve, some 1-on-1's (which coin 1-on-1's would be the most benificial for me at this time). OR Ellusionist- JB Bobo's book, Dg project vol 1 (coins across into spectator's hand) ect. So what do you think would be my best bet? Jay Sankey also has some stuff at Tannen's website.

Finally, I have three additional questions:
1-Is an expanded coin shell worth at least $30 (which can do more regular shell or expanded?) and if so which denomination is more common in coin magic a half dollar or quarter?
2-Is there good coin magic in Wayne Houchin's new Junto Session book "Stars of Magic"?
3-The 1-on-1 sessions that happen every tuesday morning have only featured ones that are already out, will they come out with new ones on Tuesdays in the future?

I realize I have just asked alot but I tried to provide some info into how much I know about coin magic and if you have any other questions about my current skill level that would help you to answer these questions feel free to ask. I'm kind of lost as where to go right now as far as what coin stuff to get, but give me a break I've been mainly a card guy hahajk. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to further my coin knowledge the other day too.

I highly reccomend :

The Muscle Pass Starring Jay Noblezada - DVD or DOWNLOAD

and

In the Beginning There Were Coins Starring Jay Noblezada

These two DVD's are amazing !

I got them as downloads.
NO GIMMICKS TOO :D

Mar 16, 2009
USA
I decided to further my coin knowledge the other day too.

I highly reccomend :

and

I got them as downloads.

Cool I'll be sure to check them out. I forgot to ask about the muscle pass, but thanks for bringing it up. Do you think it is worth all the practice that it supposedly takes to get it down? (enough applications)

PS. Your site looks good by the way I'm just checking in out.

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
I highly reccomend :

and

I got them as downloads.

I agree Geraint. These are two great sources.

-Bobo's MODERN COIN MAGIC
-Digital Dissolve

Are both excellent as well. Digital dissolve is awesome, I use it a lot. Pretty easy too.

All the best,

-Sanj

Hey guys what's up? I recently decided to broaden my knowledge and repetiore of coin magic and sleights. I know some basics and have Bullet, Factory Sealed, Sinful, and Benttouchslink where I've learned the majority of the coin stuff I currently know. (I also have Scotch and Soda and the M5.) I realized that I need more coin stuff in my routine because I'm not using a majority of this stuff do to prep time, extensive gimmicks ect. The only one that I use often is Sinful.

I would prefer to order from here (Theory 11), Ellusionist, or Tannen's website. A few gimmicks are fine but I also want to have quite a few coin sleights under my belt. It would also help if I order from mainly one of the mentioned websites. For example: T11-Digital dissolve, some 1-on-1's (which coin 1-on-1's would be the most benificial for me at this time). OR Ellusionist- JB Bobo's book, Dg project vol 1 (coins across into spectator's hand) ect. So what do you think would be my best bet? Jay Sankey also has some stuff at Tannen's website.

Finally, I have three additional questions:
1-Is an expanded coin shell worth at least $30 (which can do more regular shell or expanded?) and if so which denomination is more common in coin magic a half dollar or quarter?
2-Is there good coin magic in Wayne Houchin's new Junto Session book "Stars of Magic"?
3-The 1-on-1 sessions that happen every tuesday morning have only featured ones that are already out, will they come out with new ones on Tuesdays in the future?

I realize I have just asked alot but I tried to provide some info into how much I know about coin magic and if you have any other questions about my current skill level that would help you to answer these questions feel free to ask. I'm kind of lost as where to go right now as far as what coin stuff to get, but give me a break I've been mainly a card guy hahajk. Thanks in advance.

Start with bobos book, get a half dollar shell. Study bobo throughly.

Yes stars of magic has a few coin routines, but if thats all your looking for in that book, dont get it. The book is amazing, and has many other routines besides coin routines.

start with bobo.

Mar 16, 2009
USA

Yes stars of magic has a few coin routines, but if thats all your looking for in that book, dont get it. The book is amazing, and has many other routines besides coin routines.

start with bobo.

Oh no I am deeply into cards as well and it seems to have good card routines as well, I just was wondering if it it was mainly cards or not. Now that I know it has more I'll get it sooner than later.

And guys, Is the "Coin ONE" routine hard?

I took me two days mate, and now I can muscle pass a poker chip from my belly button over my head, and im 6ft 4" tall.
It does have a lot of applications, but most of which are un-useable, or workable, in a paid performance environment.
The coin through glass door application is insane, and I have wicked reactions from it.
You get the coin roll for free when you buy those downloads too, so Penguin are offering a great deal.

OH , and BOBO's book.
But you might find that JAY packs most of the sleights into a visual DVD format, so it depends how you like to learn.

Mar 16, 2009
USA

start with bobo.

Thanks for the replies guys, keep em coming. This is helping a lot, but should I get an "expanded shell" or a normal size shell because I have a normal size half dollar shell from scotch and soda but it doesn't fit over other halves. Is DG's first project DVD good too? Because it seems like I would use most of those six tricks, ecspecially Personal Safe.

Mar 16, 2009
USA
I took me two days mate, and now I can muscle pass a poker chip from my belly button over my head, and im 6ft 4" tall.
It does have a lot of applications, but most of which are un-useable, or workable, in a paid performance environment.
The coin through glass door application is insane, and I have wicked reactions from it.
You get the coin roll for free when you buy those downloads too, so Penguin are offering a great deal.

OH , and BOBO's book.
But you might find that JAY packs most of the sleights into a visual DVD format, so it depends how you like to learn.

Sounds great man, I've seen the Cuso's basic muscle pass on youtube just to see what it was when i first heard of it and the tutorial didn't really help so I'll check out these suggestions. The Jay dvd you mentioned ^ is it the same one you said in your previous post?

Oh, and on the DG project volume 1- or 2 , im not sure.... he has an impromptu coin through glass routine called Quarters ..... it is soooo under-rated, and I used to use it in Revolution vodka bar all the time, with UK 20p pieces.

Personal Safe is also another gem, although I dont have the gimmick to be able to do it.

In terms of shells I dont use gimmicks, but I imagine a normal shell should cover more potential routines than an expanded shell.

personal safe is in DG one, while quarters is in three. Get and expanded, unless you want to shave your halfs down to size.

the best Jay For you to get right now is in the beginning their were coins. But id read bobo if i were you. perfect foundation for coin magic.

Start with that and then go and get a book entitled coinmagic by richard kaufman. This book is the treatise on modern coin routines and moves.

Orb

Jul 19, 2009
Sweden
the best Jay For you to get right now is in the beginning their were coins. But id read bobo if i were you. perfect foundation for coin magic.

Start with that and then go and get a book entitled coinmagic by richard kaufman. This book is the treatise on modern coin routines and moves.

Finally someone mentioned Richard Kaufmans book! I would suggest that you start off with either Introduction to Coin Magic by Michael Ammar, or like mentioned multiple times, In the Beginning There Were Coins.
Bobos is one of the strongest items you can ever add to your coin magic collection, if you are really getting into coin magic, no doubt you should get it.
Then proceed with Richard Kaufmans book, alternatively David Roths Expert Coin Magic. But if you are getting serious about really going deep into coin magic you should get all of these I've mentioned!
Finally, I'd say that muscle pass is a great utility move, but never a trick or routine in itself. Jay Noblezada uses it as a trick and performs for people in the dvd... A Master of Muscle Pass? I think that was the name. The reactions are not impressive, people react with a "ah that's cool", but it's not magic, very transparent on its own. But as a utility move it can be very valuable. It all depends on if you choose to use it in your style. I know Shoot Ogawa is found of it.

Finally someone mentioned Richard Kaufmans book! I would suggest that you start off with either Introduction to Coin Magic by Michael Ammar, or like mentioned multiple times, In the Beginning There Were Coins.
Bobos is one of the strongest items you can ever add to your coin magic collection, if you are really getting into coin magic, no doubt you should get it.
Then proceed with Richard Kaufmans book, alternatively David Roths Expert Coin Magic. But if you are getting serious about really going deep into coin magic you should get all of these I've mentioned!
Finally, I'd say that muscle pass is a great utility move, but never a trick or routine in itself. Jay Noblezada uses it as a trick and performs for people in the dvd... A Master of Muscle Pass? I think that was the name. The reactions are not impressive, people react with a "ah that's cool", but it's not magic, very transparent on its own. But as a utility move it can be very valuable. It all depends on if you choose to use it in your style. I know Shoot Ogawa is found of it.

yeah if you really really really really really like the muscle pass, get shoots material. He has soo many applications for it.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
DO NOT GET JAY'S STUFF! seriously he is really not that good at coin magic. There are at least 2 people on these forums that could teach coin magic better *cough*baird*cough* if your looking for a good beginning resource try either Roth's dvd's, Ammar's or David Stones. THEY know coin magic. Once you get more advanced look into CoinOne and CoinTwo by Homer Liwag. Also some good resources would be Bobo's obviously and Totally out of Control. Also check out Shoot Ogawa's material, but forget about Jay, he is a jack of many trades, master of none

Mar 16, 2009
USA
How advanced is Chris Kenners stuff on these 1on1s? Also is there a DVD or DVD set that would be the coin magic equivalent of Dan and Daves trilogy? Like packed with sleights and tricks that range in difficulty like some not too hard but some challenging?

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
How advanced is Chris Kenners stuff on these 1on1s? Also is there a DVD or DVD set that would be the coin magic equivalent of Dan and Daves trilogy? Like packed with sleights and tricks that range in difficulty like some not too hard but some challenging?

Kenners has a range of difficulty from easy to advanced and as such is a good resource for development. A comparable coin magic "trilogy" in my eyes would be David Roth's Expert Coin Magic trilogy. Starts out with the basics but builds into amazing tricks and routines such as coins across, a chink-a-chink routine and several others.

Mar 16, 2009
USA
Hey guys I was on Tannen's website and came across this http://www.tannens.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&relate=1&p=2241

Does anyone have it? If so is it like a sequel to his other book or different? Also, which muscle pass DVD is better David Kong's or Jay Noblezada's? They both can be found at tannens.com Finally, is Michael Ammar's "Complete intro to coin magic" worth getting? If not which Ammar DVD would be the best for coin magic that mainly uses no gimmicks? And is Expert Coin Magic a reliable book (hard or easy, better to start with than Bobo's?)

Mar 16, 2009
USA

Is the book titled "Expert coin magic"?

Oh no I am deeply into cards as well and it seems to have good card routines as well, I just was wondering if it it was mainly cards or not. Now that I know it has more I'll get it sooner than later.

And guys, Is the "Coin ONE" routine hard?

Coin ONE will take some practice, but it is well worth the practice.

It's a very fun routine to do and is a KILLER routine.

;D

Mar 16, 2009
USA
Coin ONE will take some practice, but it is well worth the practice.

It's a very fun routine to do and is a KILLER routine.

;D

Sounds good but can you answer some of my previous questions as well? ^ (muscle pass ones I believe three or four posts above this). Thanks!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results