Color Change Video for Girlfriend

Oct 18, 2008
Hey guys, so I just recently picked up some of my old DvD's and got back into magic after a year or two. (I don't know what I was thinking when I made the arrogant forum name, please disregard.) Anyway, with Valentines day coming up, and not alot of money, I wanted to make a video (among other things) for my girlfriend who absolutely LOVES magic.
So heres what I need help with- Maybe a year or even two ago, I saw a video some one made, I think on this forum, of him doing color changes with blank cards which he had written on- cute things, pictures, ect. It was a cool video.
I have searched the heck out of the web with all different words and simply cannot find it.
SO I was wondering if you guys could please try to remember if you could refer me to this video for some inspiration. I have seen Patrick Kun's video like this, "Valentines Magic" and it is great, but I remember this one being awesome.
I remember the video was to the song The Best Thing by Relient K.
Thank you so much!

-Joel

Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
Hi Joel -

I'm not 100% sure, but the video you're referring to is from a guy who was doing a video to try to get the girl he's liked for awhile to impress her on her bday. Completely ineffective because he was in the friend zone already and that just further put him there. In the end she just said that was sweet and nothing came of it.

Now in your case you guys are in a relationship so it's a bit different. But even then, if you guys have been dating less than a year, don't do it. It's too much too soon and you'll kill any challenge along with attraction when you jump into wussy activities like this too early.

If you've been dating for more than a year, as in this is your 2nd or 3rd VDay together, then the video would be a good idea PROVIDED she still does a lot of sweet things for you during the year. The reason this last point is important is that it shows your relationship is still good in her mind. If you feel things are slipping and this is an attempt to bring her back around, then it'll only push her away more.

If your situation is the right fit and you're going to do this video, you don't need inspiration. You have everything you need in the DNA of your relationship. Go to a place or places that means something to both of you and make sure that's apparent in the video. Film 4-5 tricks and make it personal to her and to your relationship. Use music that is her favorite or your favorite or both your favorites...as long as it's personal.

Don't overkill with too much magic. On things like this, less is more.

Once again...stuff like this sounds good on paper and women will always tell you its so incredibly sweet, but its only welcomed when the girl feels a high degree of attraction and respect for you. If this is a way to get her to like you more or to try to get her to feel attraction for you, it will never work and will always do the opposite.

Oct 18, 2008
Thanks bro. However, I'm not looking for relationship or girl advice at all, pretty sure I'm gonna marry this girl, I know her and I know what I'm doing.

If anyone has any thoughts or remembers and more details about the video that would be awesome!

Oct 18, 2008
Thanks for the P.M. Justin and thanks for the response Reservoir! Neither were exactly what I'm looking for-
If anyone has any more thoughts or anything they remember about it, it would be so appreciated!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results