Color Changes

Aug 29, 2011
Hello everyone, I have a huge question on the color changes at t11. First I wold like to explain why I am asking this by telling you that I am a street magician and I am often surrounded by spectators. Because of this, my choice of color changes is limited. I was wondering what the best color changes are on t11 for this situation and I was specifically wondering if DVR and the Be Nice Change were good for my performing situation. Thanks for the help everyone.

Sep 1, 2007
Hello everyone, I have a huge question on the color changes at t11. First I wold like to explain why I am asking this by telling you that I am a street magician and I am often surrounded by spectators. Because of this, my choice of color changes is limited. I was wondering what the best color changes are on t11 for this situation and I was specifically wondering if DVR and the Be Nice Change were good for my performing situation. Thanks for the help everyone.

no, the changes are really nice, but they have angle problems that would interfere with the scenario you describe

Aug 3, 2010
NSW, Australia
If you're performing in a situation where you're 'completely' surrounded, then the DVR change is definitely not a suitable colour change.
On the otherhand, the Be Kind change is a very beautiful colour change and the angles are quite manageable. I've performed it to a group of 4 or 5. But you can't perform it completely surrounded though. To be honest, if you really want a 100% angle free colour change then I'd stick to the classic erdnase colour change.

Jan 11, 2011
I'd also recommend classic color change, it's a first change I've learned and I still use it, simply because it's really good, and can be performed completely surrounded. There's nice free tutorial here at t11, have a look.

Aug 29, 2011
Thanks for the help everyone but I guess I should have told you guys that I already know the shapeshifter and the classic color change. I have one other question tho and it is reguarding the harbor change. Is this angle proof?

Mar 12, 2011
Thanks for the help everyone but I guess I should have told you guys that I already know the shapeshifter and the classic color change. I have one other question tho and it is reguarding the harbor change. Is this angle proof?

It is not. People are unable to be on your left, above, below or behind you they have to be in front of you and you have to do it pretty much at eye level of the person.

Jan 11, 2011
France, near Paris
Plus you have to use a table for the Harbour Change, which interferes with the street magic scenery - I'm not sure tossing the cards in the hands of the spectator is a solution ...

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
Plus you have to use a table for the Harbour Change, which interferes with the street magic scenery - I'm not sure tossing the cards in the hands of the spectator is a solution ...

Correction...
You do not have to use the table for the Harbor Change. That was just one of many applications that can be utilized with the change. As for it being angle proof...no, not at all. There are some very tight angles, and as such, is meant to be used when the right situation calls for it. And while the other color changes being mentioned above are all good suggestions, I would stay away from "stick with". Why "stick with" anything? Never limit yourself. Have an arsenal ready and when the time is right, unleash what you have.

I would like to add another fantastic color change...Jack Carpenter's Impulse Change. GREAT APPLES here folks.

I also agree with using the Shape Shifter and would also like to add a couple more... How bout the Paintbrush? Or how about the Classic Change done in the "bowtie" fashion? That way it is hands up, heads up magic...

Mike

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results