Contraband Book Lamp

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
This thread is about the bulb aspect of the book lamp. I know that these Edison Bulbs last for a while (I read online that the average bulb life is ~3000 hours). However, now that theory11 is selling these lamps I imagine as time passes these bulbs will burn out. Will theory11 sell replacement bulbs? Or are customers encouraged to look for these online (or just use a normal bulb). What do you think?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hey Bryant, we include one bulb with purchase (that should last a good while). Thereafter, we might offer replacements in the future - but if not, Edison bulbs can be purchased at most home improvement stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Amazon, or Target. In any event, you'll definitely be able to find replacements easily long into the future.

Feb 24, 2016
Yes, replacement bulbs are easy and cheap. Go to Lowe's and ask for an "Edison Bulb".

NF1

Sep 17, 2017
Hey Bryant, we include one bulb with purchase (that should last a good while). Thereafter, we might offer replacements in the future - but if not, Edison bulbs can be purchased at most home improvement stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Amazon, or Target. In any event, you'll definitely be able to find replacements easily long into the future.
Is the lamp ok UK for the electrical supply?

Sep 9, 2017
If you're in the rural midwest like myself and not near any Lowes or Home Depots but have a Menards, they also carry a growing selection of vintage style bulbs. (I'm shocked to see more selections every time I go into my local Menards.)

https://www.menards.com/main/electrical/light-bulbs/vintage-bulbs/c-1477049833560.htm

Some are even LED but still keep a vintage appearance. That kind might be ideal for some who are worried about the lifespan of traditional bulbs.

I happen to have two examples right here to show you. I got them for a unrelated project, but haven't taken them out of the packaging yet.
Full_Size_Render.jpg

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results