CONTROL Release Party - Grand Illusions, Carmichael, CA

Aug 31, 2007
AWESOME RELEASE PARTY!!!!

Wayne Houchin and his wife came to Grand Illusions Magic Shop in Carmichael, CA yesterday and we had a blast! Unfortunately, Dana could not make this trip, but he called and we all got to say hi.

Thanks to Steve, the owner of Grand Illusions, for hosting a great party! Steve, YOU ROCK!!! Steve is a great host and amazed us with his talents too. He had some cool effects that blew our minds!

Wayne performed CONTROL, signed a few copies and we all had cake! Wayne was awesome and even shared with us some stuff that has not been released yet. Thanks for the great show Wayne. I can't wait for your next trip up!

We watched the CONTROL DVD as soon as we got home and this is a must see DVD! The illusion is great and the video work was very cool. Thanks Wayne and Dana for all of the cool and funny features too!

For those of you who missed out...Wayne will be back in a few months. Check out the Grand Illusions website at [B]www.grandillusions.com[/B] for Steve's upcoming event calendar.

Thanks,

Mikey

p.s. Dear David,

You should write a story about your bus/train trip up to see Wayne...glad you made it!

Oct 24, 2007
Dude it was so cool.
When Wayne picked a volunterr to take his pulse

IT WAS ME!! He picked me, i was so excited, and then his pulse stopped and i got scared. yeah good times. He then signed my copy of control.

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
LUCKY, LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish i lived in america. Any chance of Wayne doing a UK tour arriving in Edinburgh, lecturing in a big hall and traveling down the country while in a car made entirly out of Bycicle Guardians with Dana beside him playing a guitar made out of magicians wax?

Seriously though, i would really like to see a lecture by Wayne in the UK. Any chance it could happen?

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Anybody take pics and or make videos?

Steve should have a video coming when he finishes the Witness video. Mikey has some footage, as well as some random cool we filmed.

It was an awesome party, and I'm glad I put in the effort to make it up there.

@Mikey, as well as anyone else who is interested: I'll hopefully have my "story" up tonight as soon as I finish my homework and watch the Super Bowl. Go Pats!

David

Hey, I was there. Had no idea it was going on though. I was just randomly going into the shop. Unfortunately I missed everything. Apparently it started at 3 and I got there at like 4:30, but wayne was there hanging out and chatting and seemed really cool.

D

Deleted member 2755

Sadly I live in Jersey. :( Well, hope everyone that went had fun.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Hey, I was there. Had no idea it was going on though. I was just randomly going into the shop. Unfortunately I missed everything. Apparently it started at 3 and I got there at like 4:30, but wayne was there hanging out and chatting and seemed really cool.

It was much better when people left. When it's usually crowded a lot of the people are there to just get an autograph, so after they finish they leave.

When there are only a few people there it's fun to just sit down and talk to Wayne. He's an (almost) normal person, albeit with a sick mind. The major question of the night was, "Do you make anything that isn't disturbing?"

Obviously not.

It was awesome because everybody cleared out by 5 or 5 30, so it was just me, Mikey, Mike, Wayne, and Steve and his family. We had an awesome time just chillin'.

David

It was awesome because everybody cleared out by 5 or 5 30, so it was just me, Mikey, Mike, Wayne, and Steve and his family. We had an awesome time just chillin'.

True-dat. It was a stone groove. I don't even know where to start! Ok...At the beginning:

Mikey - You da man 'cause this was YOUR idea. Thanks little brother. (Even though you're bigger 'n me) I appreciate you guys making the long journey. You even brought a friend! (Good meeting you, Mike.) Thanks to and a shout out for your awesome dad, Mikey. May more kids in this world have fathers like yours. Careful with that paper clip, man.

David - Speaking of long journeys. Wow. That's what I'm going to say here...Wow. I'm in awe. You guys who don't know...Wait for his story. Thanks, David. It was uber cool to see you.

Nobody has mentioned that Wayne ate a piece of thread and then PULLED IT OUT OF HIS EYE. SLOWLY.
It was horrible and wonderful at the same time. I couldn't watch but I couldn't look away. I'll summarize simply: Dude...Whoa! Dude!

Ya, there's video and stills. Stills up REAL soon and video as the days allow. I'm plowing through the Witness stuff right now. (Finally!!)

Thanks so much to everyone who turned out for the party. Without you guys it just would have been me and Wayne looking bored. ;-)

Great time, all. Great time.

- SJ

--- 2008 is young and we're just getting started. Pop in now and then to see our Calendar and stay up on special happenings. ( http://www.grandillusions.com/index.php?show_aux_page=15 )

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
True-dat. It was a stone groove. I don't even know where to start! Ok...At the beginning:

Mikey - You da man 'cause this was YOUR idea. Thanks little brother. (Even though you're bigger 'n me) I appreciate you guys making the long journey. You even brought a friend! (Good meeting you, Mike.) Thanks to and a shout out for your awesome dad, Mikey. May more kids in this world have fathers like yours. Careful with that paper clip, man.

David - Speaking of long journeys. Wow. That's what I'm going to say here...Wow. I'm in awe. You guys who don't know...Wait for his story. Thanks, David. It was uber cool to see you.

Nobody has mentioned that Wayne ate a piece of thread and then PULLED IT OUT OF HIS EYE. SLOWLY.
It was horrible and wonderful at the same time. I couldn't watch but I couldn't look away. I'll summarize simply: Dude...Whoa! Dude!

Ya, there's video and stills. Stills up REAL soon and video as the days allow. I'm plowing through the Witness stuff right now. (Finally!!)

Thanks so much to everyone who turned out for the party. Without you guys it just would have been me and Wayne looking bored. ;-)

- SJ

--- 2008 is young and we're just getting started. Pop in now and then to see our Calendar and stay up on special happenings. ( http://www.grandillusions.com/index.php?show_aux_page=15 )

I'm sure a lot of you have seen Wayne pull the thread from his eye on Youtube, but that's nothing compared to seeing it live.

Not only is is amazing, it's disgusting! You can't look away!

Yes Steve, I'll have my story up soon. I'll start writing it now.

David

Aug 31, 2007

- SJ

Thanks Steve, we will make the DVD and get it out to you ASAP. we will post some stills up here.

Thanks again for all you do in your support of magic.

Mikey:)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results