Control trick

Apr 4, 2009
Hi all

The teasers for Control blew me away!

One thing I was wondering - I'm a medical practitioner, and am likely to be performing this trick amongst many of my medical colleagues.

Would this is fact make the trick lose any of it's impact - I would think not, as after all, there isn't really a "special" way of checking the radial pulse!

Cheers
Sing

ps im basically wondering whether to buy the trick

Last edited by a moderator:
May 24, 2008
Hi all

The teasers for Control blew me away!

One thing I was wondering - I'm a medical practitioner, and am likely to be performing this trick amongst many of my medical colleagues.

Would this is fact make the trick lose any of it's impact - I would think not, as after all, there isn't really a "special" way of checking the radial pulse!

Cheers
Sing

I would not advise performing the effect among people with medical qualifications of some kind.

Apr 4, 2009
Is that because of they would figure out the mechanism of the trick/it wouldn't work?

Or is it because they start CPR ? :p

Jun 22, 2008
Without giving away too much, this trick won't really work on someone who practices medicine. Although the effect is amazing.

Apr 4, 2009
Thanks for that response....

Just wondering on what basis you say that - not to try to tease out too much, but basically doctors don't have a special way of feeling pulses.....so I really can't see how being a medical practitioner makes things much different?

So is it based more on an assumption that doctors somehow have some special skills with pulses, or is it based on actual fact and knowledge/experience with other medical practitioners?

Apr 4, 2009
Hi....again I've just been thinking about how he's doing it, and watched the trailer a few times...I think I've figured out a possibility :p

*edited*ok sorry maybe that question was too direct*edited*

I'm just wondering whether dan has figured out a more novel way of stopping the pulse that will work on medically trained people :\

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results