Cool Stories

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Hey everyone!! Hope you had a good weekend.
I assume most of us are magician/cardists/enthusiasts/hobbists.

I'm starting this thread so people can post any cool experiences or memories they've had as a magician, or with other magicians.

GO for it :)

May 28, 2018
Saint Louis, MO
I worked at an airport for five years. Everyday I brought in my (first) copy of Strong Magic. Everyday except the day that Ortiz was catching a connecting flight there. Wa-waaaa.......

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
A few years ago, my wife and I saw Penn and Teller in Las Vegas. After the show they do meet and greets. The crowds had dwindled down and handed Teller a deck of cards to sign. He said "Oh a magician!".. he handed me the deck back. I froze..handed him back the deck with a sharpie to sign.
My assumption is that he wanted to see a trick. Instead I froze up, never saying another word.
Not many people have a chance to perform in front of a legend....

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
One of my favorites was this trick that started as a joke and turned into something genuinely magical.
So I have this friend (we will call him G) who likes to mess with me when I'm playing with my cards and I noticed something he'd do a lot was cut the cards and ask what card he had cut to.
I got tired of it so I marked my deck of bikes and sure enough when he did it again, I casually named the card he had cut to. He was amazed and I acted amazed to sell it as a coincidence. He cut the cards again and I correctly guessed the card. Then, another friend walks up and tries to guess the card, not knowing about the markings, and amazingly, he gets the card right too, a genuine coincidence. Then, G asks me to cut the deck so he can guess and incredibly, he got it right too. So what started as a really basic card trick became a genuine miracle because of a series of actual coincidences.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results