Counterfeit decks

Oct 11, 2012
Bremen/Germany
Althrough I'm a freshman in Cardistry/Card Magic, I already buy decks like crazy, I just have a huge collector heart, you know :) . But I'm a little hesitant when it comes to buy sold-out decks (on shops other than T11 or eBay), I'm just afraid of counterfeits. Are the stakes high to get fakes sold or can I chill? Of course I check from where the decks come (i.e. I would never buy from Asia) and it's not super mega rare cards I'm currently looking for (i.e. I just checked eBay for D&D Smoke & Mirros V5 and found some from UK)... Any advice?

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
General tips are the only thing you can do, like you said, being cautious of sellers in Asia. People that use official promotional pictures instead of ones taken by themselves can be a sign and read the description very carefully. Recently there was a Dealers Dozen of Ace Fultons on ebay with a bonus deck in gold foil but the description was worded cleverly and it was just a Midnight Fuel deck (that comes with Dealers Dozens) that he wrapped in gold foil. It was on DnD's Twitter feed that it was a "fake" but it wasn't so much fake as mis-advertised.

I sell rare cards maybe once of twice a year on ebay and I think it's quite clear they're genuine from my description and pictures. Just use your common sense, if the description is actually wrong and they clearly lied then you can file a complaint with ebay and they will refund you, as it's against their terms to do that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results