Created a CRAZY effect... need a little help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2007
California: LA
i created an effect where a spec picks a card, and signs it, then returns it to the deck. i take a different card that isnt theres , rip out the corner, blow on it and it changes to the corner of theyre card. part of the signature is still visible. so theres the corner of there card and the 3/4 of the previous card, AND THEY FIT TOGETHER PERFECTLY. then i grab the corner and restore it to the previous card. now that theres a crease, i visually remove it just by waving my hand over it. it LOOKS like theres a crease ont he card, but when they rub it, NOTHING... i then lay the card back on the deck, place my hand over it, then with a puff of smoke, the weird restored card changes into their previously selected and signed card....

i realllllly want to submit this to whatever website , but i need some people to look into this regarding some stuff. if you can help me or if you have some sort of a connection to the USPCC, can you PLEASE pm me...i reallllllly need help on this one. i have the method and all down, but theres just one little thing missing...

please help....

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
DO NOT RUSH!

Even though it's already a great and awsome effect, the last thing you want to do is to rush.

Be patient.

Defenatly keep it for yourself. Perhaps show it live to other magicians, ask their advice and suggestions. Maybe they have ideas that make it better. Even though you think your trick is great and perfected, there will always be small touches that you will find with time that make it better.

Be patient, and do not release it. Do not plan to release it. Plan to make it better a little by little. Publishing should be a side effect.

Be patient.

Jan 4, 2008
I agree. Keep it to yourself for a while. Go out there and use it, Amaze people, test it with live audiences over and over until you have come across every possible solution/problem that might come up when performing.

Dont be so quick to want to sell it to a website. There is nothing wrong with getting advice on the effect though. Be careful who you share it with of course.

Just my two cents...

Gerald

Oct 28, 2007
This is exactly how i thought believe was going to look like, but still i don't know much info on it.

But yeah i would say don't show anyone, at least on the internet. Go and preform A LOT and get feedback video tape you self several times and review it and then go and preform it for magicians and get feedback and then ask for some advice.

Yeah i know what it is like to create a new effect, this is what i am doing right now (except without a camera).

p.s if you need special cards i would try to go to a customized playing cards website and create a deck of cards with that special thing you need.

i created an effect where a spec picks a card, and signs it, then returns it to the deck. i take a different card that isnt theres , rip out the corner, blow on it and it changes to the corner of theyre card. part of the signature is still visible. so theres the corner of there card and the 3/4 of the previous card, AND THEY FIT TOGETHER PERFECTLY. then i grab the corner and restore it to the previous card. now that theres a crease, i visually remove it just by waving my hand over it. it LOOKS like theres a crease ont he card, but when they rub it, NOTHING... i then lay the card back on the deck, place my hand over it, then with a puff of smoke, the weird restored card changes into their previously selected and signed card....

i realllllly want to submit this to whatever website , but i need some people to look into this regarding some stuff. if you can help me or if you have some sort of a connection to the USPCC, can you PLEASE pm me...i reallllllly need help on this one. i have the method and all down, but theres just one little thing missing...

please help....

Keep developing it. You don't want to turn into the next Dan Army...

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
The effect sounds good, but we really can't judge without a video. I know from experience that effects sound better on paper.

Also, even if you think your effect is as good as it can be, keep it for at least a year or two. I've been working on the same effect for over 1 year and a half, and I still keep adding to it. Wayne has had Control for over 6 years.

If that was a bit confusing, here's it in a nutshell: Keep it.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results