Creations turned DVD

Jul 15, 2009
Hi guys,

I have a short yet confusing question for you guys. I hope even the creators of theory11 or any other site would find the time to read and comment on this thread.

Here's my question:

Let's say I had created my handlings on certain effects and/or created new concepts to apply to magic, and I plan to turn it into a DVD, or even a small time business via lectures etc. What can I do to achieve this? And here's a follow-up question.How do you validate?or certify that the effects ad tricks that I created are mine or original to me? (Assuming that I came up with them on my own without any references except the basic sleights every magician should know.)

Please do reply to my thread. This process of creating or building a product has confused me for some time now. This is because, I tend to notice overlapping of concepts and magic effects by so-called creators both in magic and cardistry. What's the process?

Sep 1, 2007
Hey man,

You might want to check out the topic on releasing new effects a bit further down the forum :)

Short answer to the validation part of the question: YOU do it. Research other methods until you're satisfied that yours is unique.

Working as a lecturer is probably a goal that you should put off until you've established yourself via a few publications, submissions to magazines etc. - people need to know you're worth learning from before they'll book you for a lecture.

Cheers,
David.

Hey man,

You might want to check out the topic on releasing new effects a bit further down the forum :)

Short answer to the validation part of the question: YOU do it. Research other methods until you're satisfied that yours is unique.

Working as a lecturer is probably a goal that you should put off until you've established yourself via a few publications, submissions to magazines etc. - people need to know you're worth learning from before they'll book you for a lecture.

Cheers,
David.

Pretty much it, check out methods similar to the effect you are accomplishing (if there are any) to see if the methods are better or the same. No one wants to buy something that is over finicky but will accomplish the same thing as another that is not. Again make sure it is original, people so often on here post that they have the next latest and greatest thing and it has already been done. I have been victim to this thinking that I created the stealth change, then realising that I hadn't, big bummer.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results