Creativity in Magic : Intriguing Quote

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Here is something I found whilst trawling the internet.

It's a quote from Jim Jarmusch. I have my own opinions on what to think about, which I will share with you in due time. I want to know what you all think about it, so please take a minute out of your day and share your views with me.

Link:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2mhhtap.jpg

Cheers,

Lloyd

Mar 20, 2008
Roseville, CA
So true.
In college I 'had' to go see some classical music for a music appreciation class. The one I went to was awesome, the music was forgetable but the composer was amazing. This old man worked with Stravinsky when he was younger. The thing I remember most is that he considered his music to not be his. He described being a fan of a bunch of different composers and "stealing" bits and pieces that he liked from their music.
He liked to call his music "Forian" (spelling?) which meant 'stolen goods' in Italian.
I took from that experience that EVERYTHING is forian. We are all unique, and we are all thieves.

Jul 19, 2008
ohhh yeeaaah, this was similar to the concept of plato on the theory of the forms. but in plato's thinking, the things you "steal" or apprehend came from the realm of the perfect, materializing or manifesting it makes it "imperfect"

guess he stole the idea too.:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results