Creativity... Keep Healthy

I was listening to the radio earlier today and the talk hosts were talking about brain function and how to keep it in top shape.

The first way to keep it in shape was to be creative:

Magic expands creativity because of the inventive nature of magic, you always have to switch something in an effect to make it your own, you have to be creative to create magic and your own routine.

When inventing magic, your mind will be at it's creative best. To create something that's utterly impossible takes sheer creativity and imagination. Therefore, the creativity aspect has been covered.

The second way to keep it in shape was to practice memory:

After writing a script you must memorize it, not to the extreme, but you have to recognize it when it is not in front of you. You have to remember what you're going to say, even if you don't know it by heart, you have to be in the general direction of memorization.

The third and last way they mentioned was to do something with your hands:

Why with your hands? Because the hands are the part of the body the most fluently used and recognized by the brain. If your hands are kept busy, than your mind is kept busy at the same time. What a perfect way to exercise your brain. Whenever you have a deck of cards in your hand, some coins in your palm, or even some sponge balls your brain is picking up signals and is getting a workout while you are having fun!

I just thought I'd bring this up because I thought it was interesting that while doing what we love, we are actually helping ourselves and keeping our brain healthy.

Mitchell

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
It shows when you look at the articulation and intelligence of the pro's in this business.

No matter what book's say, Magic isn't for dummies.

Ty

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results