Creators Hangout

Sep 22, 2007
on alot of other forums, there is a section for creators to spread the news about a new effect they have created and to give advice to the effects. why isnt there one here?? i have alot of theory11 effects I would like to spread. I suppose you can put those right here

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I'm working on an effect where you have 2 decks of blue cards, show that they are all blue, have one selected signed, returned to the deck and put into the box. Then you take both boxes and with a wave and a jerk, one of the BOXES becomes red. you open the box and take out the deck, which is now red, and spread out all of the cards, shoing that they are all red except for the spectators signed, blue card.
But I'm not too sure on if this effect is original or not.

I'm working on an effect where you have 2 decks of blue cards, show that they are all blue, have one selected signed, returned to the deck and put into the box. Then you take both boxes and with a wave and a jerk, one of the BOXES becomes red. you open the box and take out the deck, which is now red, and spread out all of the cards, shoing that they are all red except for the spectators signed, blue card.
But I'm not too sure on if this effect is original or not.

sounds interesting...I haven't heard of anything like this, but then again, it's another deck colour changing effect...but from what I've read, it sounds good.

Sep 22, 2007
i have a similar effect where the spec selects and signeds a card from a comletelly examined blue deck of cards and returns it to the deck and it somehow vanishes completelly. only to be found in your pocket and you its now the only blue card in a red deck.

Sep 1, 2007
Oh my god.
I never thought about that... I guess as a kicker I could make the blue turn into a blank deck? you're right, though, why would I need two boxes when one would suffice?

Heck, you can turn this into a stage effect, in a way. And have 10 box's out so they can mix them up. But you turn the right one to red. Just an idea. I don't know how your effect works, so I don't know if its possible to do it this way. But having a close up table....stage..type thing like that would work.

Oh my god.
I never thought about that... I guess as a kicker I could make the blue turn into a blank deck?
I wouldn't do that if I were you. It would be an anti-climax. Think about it; which one would be more impossible/impressive - having an entire deck change color except for the spectator's signed card or making an entire deck blank?

The blank 'kicker' here would be anti-climatic and it would distract the spectator from the real impossibility with something that isn't so impressive.

I recommend picking up Ortiz's Strong Magic for more on this kind of stuff. The book is an absolute goldmine.

Ryan

I like your idea Dark Angel, it would be a neat effect to watch, in my opinion. I usually make up simple impromptu tricks. I'll give an example

Performance (Spectators P.O.V)
Spectator selects their card, they can sign it if they want to, and then return it to the middle of the deck, you then take the top 4 cards on the deck and count them off. You then give the spectator the deck to hold and you show the 4 cards again with 1 card flipped over. Then you explain another card should flip over, you count off the 4 cards and nothing happens....weird. You say something else must have happened. You count off the 4 cards except when you count them off there's 5 cards. And even better one card is flipped over face-down, you take it out and it's their selection.

There is most likely a trick already like this but, the steps might be different. It's simple to do and gets fun reactions.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Florida
Let's see what have I been working on well I have an impromptu rising card (nothing like the one here on T11), a total of 4 false cuts, I've recently put together a coin matrix routine (with 6 phases), two bill changes, and something I call a cards across or card matrix. these aren't all of my creations but these are some highlights.

Oct 11, 2007
I'm trying to think of a way to either:
A.) Put a card into a box and make it vanish
or
B.) Make it LOOK like I'm putting a card into a box

Any ideas?

You could do a kind of rub-a-dub vanish into the box, but do it forward instead of to the side if you know what I mean by that? Or to just make it look like you put some card in the box but really put a different one I suppose a DL would suffice, or you may find some way of having to place the box on top of the deck (Because you don't have a table or whatever excuse) and then make up a move to look like it is going in the box. The best I can relate to that is it would be like a weird marlo tilt, but something totally new. I don't know i'll go try it out now...

Sep 1, 2007
Florida
Jay Sankey commonly does this with smaller object what you could do is hold the box front side (Bicycle logo) up then pretenend to put the card in the box while you actually put it under then close the box. you then can shake it and rub your nail on the underside of the box I don't think a spectator would be able to tell the difference. then simply comp the card off or you could do some weird tenkia steal. You also could put the card in face up then you could show the back because the card would blend in with the box design.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Jay Sankey commonly does this with smaller object what you could do is hold the box front side (Bicycle logo) up then pretenend to put the card in the box while you actually put it under then close the box. you then can shake it and rub your nail on the underside of the box I don't think a spectator would be able to tell the difference. then simply comp the card off or you could do some weird tenkia steal. You also could put the card in face up then you could show the back because the card would blend in with the box design.

That just might work. I'll try that. Thanks!

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
That just might work. I'll try that. Thanks!

Alright, so I got a method working for me.
Basically, I show the card box, and a ziploc bag both to be empty and take a card (I use a joker, it doesn't matter though), and put it into the box, and put the box in the ziploc bag. I show my hands to be empty and say that I'm going to draw the card out of the bag. I place my hand over the box inside of the bag and with a snap of my fingers, the card is on the outside of the bag and the box and I show the bag and the box to be empty again.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results