Cups and balls

Jun 10, 2018
Hi all. My daughter is working on her cups and balls trick. Along with a chop cup routine.
Is there a proper name for the bag that one wears around the waist to keep final loads hidden. We need one. Thanks.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
If you are using a larger ball load, you can use a ball holder. There are metal ones made by Day and Vernet. The one I use is from Lynetta Welch at fabricmanipulation.com.

Reactions: Trucker61
Jul 26, 2016
IMO Your daughter would be better off producing the final loads either from a jacket pocket or roomy pockets in a pair of trousers, or even a long dress. The gibeciere (a/k/a buskers bag, drop bag, poachers pouch) is something street musicians, especially old time street magicians typically wear/wore) and, again just my opinion, looks unnatural and suspicious, especially for a girl and provides an external explanation from where the big balls came from. When you have no external apparatus and the balls (or in my case, lemons) are produced smoothly, and with the right timing and misdirection, from the pockets, there is a much higher, "Holy Cow! where the H did those come from?!?!"

Reactions: RealityOne
Jul 26, 2016
PS I should clarify that if the balls are kept in the pants pockets, the pants must be loose fitting (not Jeans or form fitting) with roomy pockets, and either a jacket or blazer or a longish shirt should be worn outside the trousers to cover the pockets. I usually wear a jacket or a dress shirt not tucked in, either of which provides plenty of cover. Other magicians keep the balls or fruit in the side jacket pockets, but I learned to produce the final loads from the pants pockets (3 lemons in one pocket, one in the other) so that's what I go with...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results