Cyril's ACR ending - PERFORMANCE!

Feb 2, 2008
So,
Been studying for finals, had the brain working hard then an idea for Cyril's ACR ending came into my head and I had to try it out. Tried the method and it worked.

Here's a performance of me doing it achieving the same outcome but unsure if the methods are identical.

Either way, check it out, enjoy it, give feedback, and criticism.

Also, not sure how this stuff kind of works but looking for input about what I should and can do with it... Can I publish it? Do I not have the rights, or should I just share it with the community =P

Anyways enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAFZUhgKAYk&feature=channel_page

Last edited by a moderator:

EJ

Mar 4, 2008
Canada
[R.C];214499 said:
Wow, that blew me away.
I haven't watched any of Cyril's ACR, so I sure as hell wasn't expecting that.
Awesome. Good performance.
Same here. That totally caught me off guard!

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
The original version belonged to Shawn Farquhar (as far as I know),

I suggest you check out his work to compare.

cheers

Feb 2, 2008
[R.C];214499 said:
Wow, that blew me away.
I haven't watched any of Cyril's ACR, so I sure as hell wasn't expecting that.
Awesome. Good performance.

Same here. That totally caught me off guard!

Yes, the first time viewing, it catches everyone off guard and drops their jaws to the floor, very unexpected

The original version belonged to Shawn Farquhar (as far as I know),

I suggest you check out his work to compare.

cheers

Thanks I didn't know that, I will def look into it

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
yeah, shawn's ACR is amazing, he actually has too ACR type routines, one with that ending, which i saw at magi-fest, made half the room gasp like school girls watching the UFC, and his other ACR type routine is set to music, a song called Shape of My Heart by sting, but its heavily modified and its one of the most beautiful pieces of magic ive ever seen. definitely look into Shawn's work.

Feb 2, 2008
yeah, shawn's ACR is amazing, he actually has too ACR type routines, one with that ending, which i saw at magi-fest, made half the room gasp like school girls watching the UFC, and his other ACR type routine is set to music, a song called Shape of My Heart by sting, but its heavily modified and its one of the most beautiful pieces of magic ive ever seen. definitely look into Shawn's work.

Yes I realize now, Shawn should be given all credit for inspiration
and i have found a post where Shawn states Cyril used his method w/o permission
however my method is not the same

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
oh i wasn't speculating on method, or arguing cyril vs shawn, just toting up faraquar's talent. meeting him was a real privilege and as talented as he is, it was his personality and generosity that made an impact on me, plus, he has a little girl who is adorable and just as big of a performer as he is. she spent an entire weekend harrassing me haha.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I haven't seen this one but I am guessing it ends with the signed card face up or face down inside a sealed deck of cards?

If so, then Darwin Ortiz has a version of that as well I think in Card Shark.

Feb 2, 2008
I haven't seen this one but I am guessing it ends with the signed card face up or face down inside a sealed deck of cards?

If so, then Darwin Ortiz has a version of that as well I think in Card Shark.

do you recall what the trick was called?

Feb 2, 2008
Those who have been pm'ing me feedback and all
I greatly appreciate it

but I want to clarify
There are no SLITS in the box, 100% fully examinable

I thought that would have been self-explanatory, as doing this trick with a slit will not pass by the close scrutiny of the spectator,

but again NO SLITS, box EXAMINABLE

So,
Been studying for finals, had the brain working hard then an idea for Cyril's ACR ending came into my head and I had to try it out. Tried the method and it worked.

Here's a performance of me doing it achieving the same outcome but unsure if the methods are identical.

Either way, check it out, enjoy it, give feedback, and criticism.

Also, not sure how this stuff kind of works but looking for input about what I should and can do with it... Can I publish it? Do I not have the rights, or should I just share it with the community =P

Anyways enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAFZUhgKAYk&feature=channel_page
Amazing.....bar none....

Feb 2, 2008
Looking for people who have knowledge of such effects to discuss methods and determine originality

No it doesn't have a slit at the back of the box

If you know another method i am eager to discuss

Feb 2, 2008
awesome just wondering one thing... is it me or is the bicycle symbol on the box backwards lol

it has nothing to do with the method
i just wanted to waste a perfectly good E gaff deck and box

i kid...
my webcam does the mirror effect
and i haven't figured out how to change it

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results