Cyrils ring trick

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
I really hope you're asking about the transfer of the ring shown towards the end of Cyril's video in that the first bit is basic slight of hand (very well done, I might add).

I'm betting that his ring has been modified a bit from the standard Harbin. . . it has a much wider opening than most.

I'm not familiar with the piece you pointed to from Penguin but I do like the look of it over the traditional Harbin and more so, I like the price significantly more than a I do the typical Harbin (which usually start well over $100.00).

I'd say that the routine is original to Cyril but don't hold me to that, it could be one of the lesser known routines that have been around for a while. I think there is a book on effects with the Harbin Ring but I do know that Vernon, McComb and a few others wrote essays about handling and performing the typical linking sequence.

If you are in the position to do so pick up an inexpensive Harbin and take it to a jeweler that you can trust; the best Harbin ring is always one that you have had custom make and which looks nothing like the rings worn by other magicians. . . you could even have a decent PK addition added to one at the same time. Besides that, a custom ring won't cost that much more than the stock rings, depending upon the embellishments you add to it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results