Dan Hauss - Paper Crane Productions

D

Deleted member 2755

... Hauss once again releases some sort of crazy ultra visual effect that makes me want to slap him in the face for being too creative.

-Doug

D

Deleted member 2755

I think Tagged by Richard Sanders is much better.

Tagged does look nuts. However, its just not my style for me to be wearing a dog tag. I love it, but its not my style. I actually considered wearing one just so I could do this effect, but I don't want to change my style for just one effect, despite how awesome it looks.

Laced looks crazy awesome though. Seems to me you just need some shoes and a deck. ;) I'll get this download someday. However, all my money right now goes towards True Astonishments.

-Doug

Oct 20, 2008
Thanks for all the support i do my best to think outside the box and give you simple but visual magic its what i love, i hope you enjoy this effect.
Thanks

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Thanks for all the support i do my best to think outside the box and give you simple but visual magic its what i love, i hope you enjoy this effect.
Thanks

well you definetly have succeeded in creating a completely new, unique effect. Impossibly visual also

Sep 25, 2008
Hey papercrane can you tell us a little more about the effect?? How does the whole trick go?? Do they rip the corner of the card off?? Can it be signed and so fourth?

What in magic is motivated?

There's a plethora of situational magic that has perfect motivation. If you look in Michael Weber's book, Lifesavers, you'll find a lot of powerful effects that have more meaning because of the way they're structured.

For instance, one of the pieces is a ring flight. It's one of my favorite effects to do outside a grocery store. You borrow a ring and change it into a quarter. How is that motivated? Because you need the quarter to put into the toy dispenser which will have the borrowed ring sealed inside a plastic bubble.

Although Dan's effect is very visual (as usual), I also don't see the point to this one. I loved Redline and Riot. Those effects inherently made sense, because they looked and felt organic. But a card linking on to a shoelace? Just not my flavor. Looks awesome though. I'm sure others will love it.

RS.

Nov 18, 2008
CA

For instance, one of the pieces is a ring flight. It's one of my favorite effects to do outside a grocery store. You borrow a ring and change it into a quarter. How is that motivated? Because you need the quarter to put into the toy dispenser which will have the borrowed ring sealed inside a plastic bubble.

Woah!!! that sounds incredible!!! what other material is in the book?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results