Dan Sperry Deck

Jan 13, 2008
They handle quite well.

I like using them to practice, but I'm not sure I'd use them in performance. They just don't suit me. If I can ever find a way to fit them in, I'd love to, though...they're actually pretty nice in person. :)

Anyway, there are other threads on this subject. I'd suggest using the Search Function before making a new thread. :)

Jan 10, 2008
I think that looks pretty sweet Black Magi, at first glance a few things come to mind. One is that if i'm not mistaken the back design has what looks like a clever one-way principle woven in, which makes for some pretty cool mental magic. And then the design of the backs has a "tarot" look to it which I think is pretty cool. I might pick me up a few of these just for kicks. Have you handled them personally Black Magi?

I love it whenever an original deck design comes out, it makes me try to think about how you could make a presentational piece around the cards themselves. I remember when the white Ghost Decks first came out at Ellusionist, I nabbed a couple and in playing with them developed my own story and presentation about the cards in general before I even did any magic with them.

Thanks for posting this Black Magi!

Sincerely,
David

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Eh, I think it would look better if the faces of the deck were different.
The ace of hearts doesn't go with the regular style of the deck.
All the cards should have a unique style just like the ace of hearts.
And court cards? Forget about it. So much can be done with them.

The backs and the box are great, just the faces need fixing.

Jan 13, 2008
The ace of hearts doesn't go with the regular style of the deck.
All the cards should have a unique style just like the ace of hearts.
That's actually the ace of spades, not the ace of hearts; the deck has a normal ace of hearts. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results