Dangerous or Surfaced? Help please.

Nov 20, 2007
if you want alot of tricks with different slights and flourishes get dangerous if you want one slight with alot of tricks using that slight and a couple other slights get surfaced
hope i helped

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
I think Surfaced is harder than Dangerous. Surfaced is more visual magic. Dangerous is more like not so visual but still cool. (ofcourse it's some visual material too).

If you like gamlbers cup go for Dangerous. :p

Sep 1, 2007
I say go for Surfaced. The tricks on Dangerous are good, but they don't get the best reactions, atleast from what I see. I think Surfaced has better material.

Sep 1, 2007
If you are willing to put the effort in to learn the clipshift- Surfaced.
If not - Dangerous.

Jun 10, 2008
I have both. I like both; but, while I can perform tricks from Dangerous easily now, I think it will be months before I can reliably perform a clip-shift...

How dexterous are you?

-Allen M.

EJ

Mar 4, 2008
Canada
You should consider reading some of the posts in the Product Review section of the forums. It may help you come to a decision you would be happy with. Personally, I recommend Dangerous.

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
I think it all comes down to whether you want to take the time to learn the Clipshift. I don't have Surfaced, but from what I've heard, it teaches several things you can use the Clipshift for, and a few other sleights. Dangerous, has a lot of good tricks, and most are easy to do. So I think it all comes down to personal preference, and whether you want to take the time to learn the Clipshift. Hope this helped!

From what I've seen and heard about the two, Dangerous would be the better one to get. I have Dangerous, and I love everything on it, but I think that it takes just too much effort to successfully learn the clipshift on Surfaced. I have the dvd, but I am just going to save it for when I am more experienced.

You shouldn't get Surfaced, go for Dangerous.

Tell me if this helps

Apr 28, 2008
From what I've seen and heard about the two, Dangerous would be the better one to get. I have Dangerous, and I love everything on it, but I think that it takes just too much effort to successfully learn the clipshift on Surfaced. I have the dvd, but I am just going to save it for when I am more experienced.

You shouldn't get Surfaced, go for Dangerous.

Tell me if this helps

You should not dismiss a DVD simply because you aren't capable of performing the material on it.

I have both and personally, I like Surfaced more. The Clip Shift and the 26 Shift have so many applications and will take your magic to the next level. The Clip Shift can be used as a vanish, appearance, control, steal and colour change.

Dangerous just has a load of tricks, most of them are very good but I don't believe the DVD will really enhance your magic.

Dangerous will just give you more effects, the Clip shift will enhance effects you already do. Most magicians already have more than enough tricks anyway so I'd go for Surfaced.

Jan 27, 2008
Get Surfaced!!!
I don't actually own Dangerous, but several people I know do, and I was was watching a really old vhs with Dai Vernon on it the other day and he was saying how he only liked to perfform the most difficult effects, he didn't want something everybody else could do.

To sum it up, if you are the typical, theory11/ellusionist fanboy, practice as little as possible but still want to perform a lot magician, go ahead and buy Dangerous, if you want to actually learn some advanced, difficult sleights that will advance your magic greatly if you put it to good use, buy Surfaced, the tricks are amazing. There's a reverse-elevator type trick on it as well, and it's pretty awesome. (lots of other stuff too)

Nov 18, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Get Surfaced!!!
I don't actually own Dangerous, but several people I know do, and I was was watching a really old vhs with Dai Vernon on it the other day and he was saying how he only liked to perfform the most difficult effects, he didn't want something everybody else could do.

To sum it up, if you are the typical, theory11/ellusionist fanboy, practice as little as possible but still want to perform a lot magician, go ahead and buy Dangerous, if you want to actually learn some advanced, difficult sleights that will advance your magic greatly if you put it to good use, buy Surfaced, the tricks are amazing. There's a reverse-elevator type trick on it as well, and it's pretty awesome. (lots of other stuff too)

and that post was just TOTALLY unbiased right?

Anyways, i have both DVD's and i have to say it really depends on your level of skill. Dangerous material is much easier. Then again, it also depends on your personal preference.

May 3, 2008
I have both Dangerous and Surfaced, and I'm not the first to say that it depends on your skill level. If you're up to the challenge (and willing to spend up to a year perfecting a move), I would definitely recommend Surfaced (just got it yesterday). The clip shift is one of the most innovative moves I have had the pleasure of encountering of late, and it is a sleight every magician should have in his/her repertoire. If you are less dedicated (although I must say the tricks in Dangerous are awesome) or not yet ready for advanced sleights, I would say go for that.

Sep 1, 2007
I have both and can honestly say that it's a toss up. Both are good, but they are different.

Surfaced is good for those who want something long-term in terms of development. The moves taught are versatile, powerful and very difficult.

Dangerous is a better short-term investment, as one will probably be able to perform a good deal of the material with less practice (not to say that one shouldn't practice as much).

I just got Dangerous and I must say that is one of the best purchases I have made in a while because of the variety and versatility of the material.

Ever since I got Surfaced, many tricks that I normally perform have opened themselves up in terms of handling due to learning the Clipshift. The only thing is that I'm not good enough at the move yet to use it, whereas with material from Dangerous, I can apply almost right away.

It all depends on what you want, which maybe isn't what you want to hear, but both are phenomenal and you won't be disappointed either way.

Nov 1, 2007
There is no 'if you want this, get Surfaced, and if you want this, get Dangerous'. Dangerous is the same recycled material used in different ways, while Surfaced is actually something NEW. New stuff usually sucks, but in this case, it goes far beyond excellent.

Get it, now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results