Daniel Garcia: His view on his latest E release.

Sep 1, 2007
Danny is one of my favorite magicians, but his recent releases have dissapointed me. In my personal opinion Fallen was garbage, and a lot of people didn't like torn too. Hopefully this dvd changes that.

D

Deleted member 2755

Wow... I was on neutral terms with E before reading this, but this makes me lose some more respect for them. Whatever.

This DVD will be great guys. It's Danny... and he's on camera... You already know it's a good DVD.;) Anyway, as some other posters mentioned, think of this like a bonus. Look at some of Theory 11's products. Believe is a single trick DVD. Control is a single trick DVD. Panic, Distortion, etc.... I don't see them charging more than $30 for this DVD. I'm sure I'll use at least 1 of 3 tricks from the disk. Not getting this for a while though. Saving for some other stuff right now.

-Doug

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
Wow... I was on neutral terms with E before reading this, but this makes me lose some more respect for them. Whatever.

Here's an idea: Why not wait for both sides to address the issue before passing judgment?

All we have is Garcia (allegedly*) stating his views on a forum. Is there an official statement on his Web site? Has he made a public case where it is unquestionably him, saying incidents A and B happened? Has E issued any kind of response? All this happened just a few hours ago.

How would you react, as a moderator, if T11 released an Aaron Fisher effect, then Fisher published a similar comment to Garcia's? I'm guessing it'd be a tad differently.

* I am a journalist by trade. I'd like to have some confirmation before treating those allegations as being straight from Garcia's mouth. EDIT: To be fair: The user "dg magic," who has upwards of 320 posts, is recognized as Garcia by other long-time Magic Cafe users, so it's likely a safe assumption.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

Here's an idea: Why not wait for both sides to address the issue before passing judgment?

All we have is Garcia (allegedly*) stating his views on a forum. Is there an official statement on his Web site? Has he made a public case where it is unquestionably him, saying incidents A and B happened? Has E issued any kind of response? All this happened just a few hours ago.

How would you react, as a moderator, if T11 released an Aaron Fisher effect, then Fisher published a similar comment to Garcia's? I'm guessing it'd be a tad differently.

* I am a journalist by trade. I'd like to have some confirmation before treating those allegations as being straight from Garcia's mouth. EDIT: To be fair: The user "dg magic," who has upwards of 320 posts, is recognized as Garcia by other long-time Magic Cafe users, so it's likely a safe assumption.

You said it yourself. It's most likely DG so I'm assuming it is. I also know it's true because a certain someone I was talking to before confirmed it. I won't say who, but chances are you think that was just a BS statement I'm saying to get out of this little "argument". It's not, but you can choose whether or not to believe that yourself. I never lie.

As for your Panic example, I would had absolutely said the same thing. You see.... contrary to everyone's beliefs, Theory 11 moderators are not "fanboys". I would have no problem voicing my actual opinions. I'm not gonna be a suck up so I can stay a moderator. Unlike many people on here whom I won't name, I'm not on a giant quest for unlimited power. I mean really... what power do I have? "Hey guys! I'm a Theory 11 moderator! I have power over EVERYONE here because I can lock threads, edit posts, and instead of saying "member" under my name... It says moderator! Aren't I just the man?! :D" I mean jeez... I'm just one of you except I help make sure the forum doesn't turn into a giant ball of chaos.

Hope that completely turns your opinion around. Thanks. ;)

-Doug

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
You said it yourself. It's most likely DG so I'm assuming it is. I also know it's true because a certain someone I was talking to before confirmed it. I won't say who, but chances are you think that was just a BS statement I'm saying to get out of this little "argument". It's not, but you can choose whether or not to believe that yourself. I never lie.

As for your Panic example, I would had absolutely said the same thing. You see.... contrary to everyone's beliefs, Theory 11 moderators are not "fanboys". I would have no problem voicing my actual opinions. I'm not gonna be a suck up so I can stay a moderator. Unlike many people on here whom I won't name, I'm not on a giant quest for unlimited power. I mean really... what power do I have? "Hey guys! I'm a Theory 11 moderator! I have power over EVERYONE here because I can lock threads, edit posts, and instead of saying "member" under my name... It says moderator! Aren't I just the man?! :D" I mean jeez... I'm just one of you except I help make sure the forum doesn't turn into a giant ball of chaos.

Hope that completely turns your opinion around. Thanks. ;)

-Doug

I wasn't dissing your veracity or accuracy. I was dissing your rush to judge. Usually, mods are quick to quell E bashing, so I was surprised you were so quick to engage in it.

All I'm saying is that there's two sides to every story, and we heard one side on a forum thread this morning. We haven't heard anything from E, or anything else from DG about a resolution. So, if you're saying that you would rush to judge a T11 artist who might find himself caught in the same situation, I'll hold you to it. ;)

So there is no doubt, I am a fan boy of E, T11 and Garcia. I hate that this situation has happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

Shine on you crazy diamond.

Man it's hard to tell sometimes what side you are on with the way you talk. ;) However, it looks like you are agreeing with him and so do I.

Again, as I have previously stated... I have no problem saying when I am wrong in a situation. In this situation... I was partly wrong because I should had waited until E actually addressed the issue (if they do).

However... from what I am seeing, E lied and DG is addressing it. I generally enjoy the things E releases. Factory Sealed, Loops, Flow (which I have yet to get... will very soon), Indecent, Stigmata, Kaos, and more. It's possible that this was a misunderstanding. It's also possible it wasn't. Either way, I will agree that I was wrong in this situation as I should had waited for E to address the situation. However, that was Daniel Garcia saying those things and I was having a conversation with a few people who are friends of Garcia's. What was said was true.

-Doug

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
All I'm saying is that there's two sides to every story, and we heard one side on a forum thread this morning. We haven't heard anything from E, or anything else from DG about a resolution.

Your right about how there's 2 sides to every story, but sometimes people have to make threads like this to get any information from the "other side".
You don't expect them to come out and say "hey, we screwed up" - it doesn't work like that.

You have to make threads like these, burning with responses in order for them to come out and say something, otherwise it will just go unnoticed.

My guess would be if LBarnes didn't make a thread on this over at E, we wouldn't hear any info on it.
Now that E sees threads about the situation on other sites + their own, they'll have to do/say something about their side or how they'll fix it.

Smell what I'm stepping in? ;)

May 2, 2008
Hollywood, FL
At any rate... Theres no more need for any speculation. Danny is finished with E as are many others. That they have lost so many artists over the past year or so speaks volumes. That Danny would post something like this knowing it may hurt sales of the DVD just to voice his thoughts, Also speaks volumes.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
At any rate... Theres no more need for any speculation. Danny is finished with E as are many others. That they have lost so many artists over the past year or so speaks volumes. That Danny would post something like this knowing it may hurt sales of the DVD just to voice his thoughts, Also speaks volumes.

Danny leaving E? Is that a fact or inference?

Based on what Danny said, Yeah his DVD may lose sales. . . . . . . . . . . But gained so much respect in return.

Sep 1, 2007
They really have lost a lot of guys, haven't they? To name a few... Wayne, Dan and Dave, Justin Miller, Nate Kranzo, and now Danny.

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
My guess would be if LBarnes didn't make a thread on this over at E, we wouldn't hear any info on it.
Now that E sees threads about the situation on other sites + their own, they'll have to do/say something about their side or how they'll fix it.

Or, if DG and E had come to a mutual resolution, we wouldn't hear any information about it, either. We wouldn't need to. Besides, the situation has been mentioned on E's forum, and moderators have called for people to refrain from airing dirty laundry or unfounded allegations. You know, that common sense thing that people hate to use.

But all we have is a series of posts on a magic forum. Neither DG nor E have made any "official statements" regarding the situation. That means we don't know if there is anything to be fixed. Obviously DG feels there is something wrong, but... there's that thing about two sides again.

I'll say this again: This rips me up because I'm a fan of both E and DG. But it's hard for me to take a bunch of posts on a magician's forum as gospel truth. I don't want to take either side — especially this early in the news.

"Hey Guys... I don't post on the Café often any more... but just thought I could come one and clear some MISLEADING things up...
This makes it sound like Danny is making an "official" statement to me.....

"These effect were actually shot 2 YEARS ago... and are just now being released.

As far as the "3 pieces of classic garcia" line that is being used in the ad copy that ellusionist sent out... that is UNTRUE
"

Straight from the preverbial horses mouth ... He is disatisfied with something that has his name on it.. Now I totally agreee that there are 2 sides to every story and as a matter of fact I believe there are usually 3 sides... Most times only one party has a gripe with how things go , and such as life they become the ones to "air the dirty laundry"

" TOUCH - THIS NEEDS TO BE CLEARED - The other effect "Touch" was created when I went out to San Francisco 2 years ago to film... Brad asked me if I could do an effect, so I showed him how I would do it... he then really wanted to shoot it, so I did ... but it is in NO WAY "Classic Garcia" and to be completely honest with you, I have not performed TOUCH since we shot it 2 years ago... just not my style, and I kinda feel silly that I got persuaded into filming it.

I just thought I would come on and clear up a few things because I am TIRED of the community being MISLEAD.

All the best,
Daniel Garcia"
"

Just sounds like Danny being honest ( in his opinion) and speaking his mind ... My opinion about that... That is why I love this country and in turn the Internet....I will paraphrase a spoken word rant I once heard.... " Where is the one place you can go to tell your version of the truth , rant against liars fakes & propagandists? , and flood the world with your own unique propaganda? , Sign your name to it and let everyone know how you feel? That's right , The internet" ...Now my point is not to call anyone names or cast judgement ... Actually all I am saying is that we all have the right wether some people like it or not , to say whatever we want as long as it is our opinion and not slanderous or libelous. If DG has an issue he should feel free to talk about it wherever and how ever he feels the urge.. We should feel free to go ahead and discuss it ourselves... The slippery slope happens when we make assumptions and cast judgements... Judge DG and E on thier own terms and on interactions you yourselves have had... I have had a few interactions W/ Danny and he seems like a fairly honest and respectable individual in my opinion... Also on the flip side , I have been an E customer for a few years and actually really enjoy thier products and have had very few negative dealing other than on thier Forums , which I think they run like the Gestapo and the freedoms we enjoy here on these forums don't exist... With that being said I have a choice , and that choice is to use or not use those forums with those rules in place... They have that right and I respect that .... So wether I agree or disagree is irrelevant , fact is I am just proud to be a part of a board that we can have these types of discussions.... My 2 cents for what they are worth ...

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
This makes it sound like Danny is making an "official" statement to me...

I disagree. Don't get me wrong: I think it is him, and I think he is being honest about his feelings. But they are posted on a forum, which is very free-flow, emotional and nothing akin to a professional position statement.

It would probably help if I clarify what I mean by "official statement." I see them all the time at the newspaper where I work, so I'm spoiled. An official statement would be something on DG letterhead or ones-and-zeroes; either a message on his personal Web site or a video posted somewhere. It would sum his side of events up and state the kind of resolution that he either is seeking or has obtained.

Because he has posted this story on another forum, I think an official statement would be helpful. I might be the only one, but I'm fans of both E and DG, so I'm interested in how this plays out.

I disagree. Don't get me wrong: I think it is him, and I think he is being honest about his feelings. But they are posted on a forum, which is very free-flow, emotional and nothing akin to a professional position statement.

It would probably help if I clarify what I mean by "official statement." I see them all the time at the newspaper where I work, so I'm spoiled. An official statement would be something on DG letterhead or ones-and-zeroes; either a message on his personal Web site or a video posted somewhere. It would sum his side of events up and state the kind of resolution that he either is seeking or has obtained.

Because he has posted this story on another forum, I think an official statement would be helpful. I might be the only one, but I'm fans of both E and DG, so I'm interested in how this plays out.

That is a valid point... I think this is a case of us arguing semantics , or at the very least about the definition of a word...." Official " ...

Anyhow I think an official statement is not going to happen in the way that an official statement from the Mayors office may happen ... We are after all talking about Magicians and a gripe that was posted on the internet ... That original post may be the best we are going to get...

Besides , does anyone really think DG has Letterhead? Do Ninjas have letterhead?

Anywhoooooo ... Don't take my original post as me not being an E fan , because I am , as a matter of fact I own almost everything they have put out in the last 3 years... I am not at all anti E ... I am pro everyone... I actually hope I don't hear anymore about any of this and that they settle thier dispute (if there indeed actually is one) and both come away happy ... I am just that type of happy go lucky S.O.B. :D

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
That is a valid point... I think this is a case of us arguing semantics , or at the very least about the definition of a word...." Official " ...

C'mon... we love to argue semantics here. It's fun! :D

As for your past posts, I wasn't dogging you in the least. To be honest, I don't care if you are an E fan or not. I like arguing for argument's sake. Gotten me into trouble more than once.

I just feel like Danny Garcia's opinion is worthy of a bigger platform than a magic forum. I feel like some kind of message to his fans on his personal site would have been more appropriate. His post just feels rushed and emotional, like he's speaking from his heart. While that endears him to me, and others, I wish he would have chosen a different method to level allegations against E. I, like you, just want everyone to get along.

And ninjas do have letterhead. It's just invisible.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results