Daniel Garcia Project - Whats the best?

I was just wondering, as the complete set is out of my price range, what would you consider the best dvd out of the whole Daniel Garcia Project dvds 1-6? I am a hobbyist who likes to perform mainly street magic (cards, bills) not really the best coin magician so that wouldnt be my preffered option.

Last edited by a moderator:

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
I was just wondering, as the complete set is out of my price range, what would you consider the best dvd out of the whole Daniel Garcia Project dvds 1-6? I am a hobbyist who likes to perform mainly street magic (cards, bills) not really the best coin magician so that wouldnt be my preffered option.

If you are going to buy other volumes in the future, get vol. 6, if not, get Symphony.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com

Hey MagicJayDev, welcome to the forums! We hope you enjoy your stay here.

As for the best DVD of the Daniel Garcia Projects, most of my favorite effects come from the latter half (4, 5, and 6). And my favorites are actually on a DVD we carry here at theory11. It's called SYMPHONY by Daniel Garcia. However, I really like other effects on Volume 6, such as POP, the signed card in balloon. Super simple, yet really powerful. I would recommend Symphony and Volume 6 to start out with. The earlier volumes also have some great effects, but I'm drawing a blank on those at the moment.

Hope this helps!

Jul 13, 2008
Honestly, and don't hate me for this, I kinda prefer 1 - 3 (his older ones) over his newer ones. This is just because those volumes somewhat got me hooked on learning and performing magic. That said, I think I like Volume 2 best. It has a lot of EXCELLENT tricks in it and a lot of stuff you can do on the street.

Honestly I thought volumes 4-6 were total garbage.

Its funny cause volumes 1-3 were basically Gold. Its crazy how different they are. The first ones were full of enthusiasm and the new ones feel like he got forced into making them.

Granted, the iPhone material on 4-6 is decently cool, but other than that, they are simply not worth the money or the time it takes to watch them.

Jul 13, 2008
Honestly I thought volumes 4-6 were total garbage.

Its funny cause volumes 1-3 were basically Gold. Its crazy how different they are. The first ones were full of enthusiasm and the new ones feel like he got forced into making them.

Granted, the iPhone material on 4-6 is decently cool, but other than that, they are simply not worth the money or the time it takes to watch them.

I wouldn't go as far to say that the new ones are garbage. I learned a lot of good tricks from the new ones and I use them a lot. You are right about the enthusiasm, however. He seems really uptight and somewhat nervous during the explanations. In the first three, the explanations are really fun to watch but in the last 4, the explanations are pretty boring.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results