Daniel Garcia's One Hand Vanish

Hey,

first let me say I am new here and like what I see. I've been doing magic for a while and this site is quite promising. i have been thinking for a while how great it would be for a website to have a true training center with the best in the biz. Imagine my suprise when I finally found it! I am looking very forward to distortion which i will by buying the second it comes out (ha) with Panic.

Anyway, to my question. There is a vanish that is used in the Daniel Garcia Project (forget which volume) during the performance of "bad habit". Its a really nice one hand vanish that just looks great. Daniel mentions its existence in his BluePrints Notes while teaching an effect and says it can be found in an issue of magic magazine. i was wondering if anyone knew whether this was going to be on any of the new DGP volumes or where I may get my hands on that issue. I love Daniel's work and would love to see this vanish. I forgot to ask daniel about it when I met him... been kicking myself ever since! haha

Thanks,
Sharp

if im not mistaken its pretty much him putting it in fitch grip which is often used a lot by Shoot Ogawa and Apollo Robins. so it can be found on their dvd Cultural Xchange vol.1 as well as other places.

oh and FYI .. Bad Habit is in Volume 2 of the DGP.

Actually the vanish is a move that i left off of the DGP simply because i wasn't ready to let it go. The coin does NOT go into Fitch a.k.a. "JW" grip also known as the duck beak palm.. lol.. ALL the fingers can be FULLY seen at all times. The vanish can be a complete vanish, a standard vanish and re-appearance. .. or used for a coin change.

i have used "The O.K. Vanish" and adaptations for quite sometime and might just be letting it go really soon.

hope you guys like it.

DG

Sep 24, 2007
Hey Danny, i heard this on the magiccafe, but is your OK production/vanish the same as eric jone's imagination grip?

-Chicken

i actually just met Eric for the first time earlier this year and we briefly discussed this vanish. We are POSITIVE that we developed the "grip" separately. i filmed the DGP in 2002 where the vanish was displayed... but i created the grip back in 1994 and used it in restaurants gigs from then on. If i remember correctly, i believe that Eric even admitted that although he created his grip independently... he created it after i did. Eric is great guy, so i'll get in touch with him and see if he will come by and shed some light on the subject.

DG

I dare say the DGP's were well worth the wait :D hahaha

The rumors of more DGP's still infest my dreams at night... but its all hersay until further notice... hahaha

Daniel, did you meet Eric at Twin City? Just wondering because thats where I met the both of you... best day of my life.. haha

Is there a way to get my hands on the issue of Magic! with the Impromtu Raven 2 in it?

Thanks,
Sharp

Sep 24, 2007
danny- Have you ever put up a video of you doing this effect? i know it's published on your notes, but it would just be an excuse for us coin guys to see some of your coin work.

-Chicken

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results