Daniel Madison - Impromptu Magic

Sep 9, 2007
From the bottom list of daniel madison effects, which of them are impromptu as in they do not require gimmicks.....god i hate gimmicks :)....please let me know from whoever has purchased any of these effects. I only do gimmickless effects and I just want to know which ones are impromptu so I can go ahead with my purchases:

1)Wrath
2)Breach
3)Irreversible
4)Bound

Thanks guys.

Some of the greatest tricks use gimmicks.

Here are quotes from Daniel's site www.danielmadison.co.uk:

Bound:
The freely selected card actually ends up stuck by tape to the box

The card has no tape stuck to it before the effect

The box can be inspected before and after and is fairly shown to have no pre-stuck cards

No card is seen trapped between the tape and box until the performers chosen moment of revelation

The revelation happens completely in the spectators’ hands with very minimal sleights

Can be applied to any deck of playing cards within minutes

Bound can also be performed using a signed card
Bound uses a gimmick.

Breach:
The card falls through solid glass at the magicians command

No licking-and sticking!

Very simple sleight of hand with special supplied gimmicks

4 versions of the effect so that you can perform the effect with or without the gimmicks

Completely examinable before and after

Instant setup – Instant repeat – very easy to perform

Can also be performed through a window

Can be performed with any signed card and any deck
Breach uses gimmicks.

Wrath:
Wrath is completely examinable and can be inspected before and after the event

The spectator can keep the deck after the effect

The box is cleanly shown to be unmarked or burnt in any way up until the moment of the revelation

The revelation happens completely in the spectators’ hands with very minimal sleights

Can be applied to any deck of playing cards within minutes

Instant reset… instant repeat, minimal sleight of hand
Wrath appears to use a gimmick.

Irreversible:
The performer never touches the deck // The deck is fully examinable // No fake/double/stooge writing gimmicks... Can be performed fully surrounded (as long as the deck is out of sight (behind the back / held under a table) No sleights required // Instant reset
Irreversible appears to use gimmicks.

Don't let gimmicks get you down. Gimmicks are used in some of the best effects such as the Invisible Deck (one of the best card effects on the market). Sometimes, as magicians, we must use anything to make our magic truly unbelievable.

I hope I helped!

Mitchell

Sep 9, 2007
oh i totally agree with you that some of the best effects use gimmicks, but i like the setting where i can have nothing on me and just walk into a room full of people and just perform miracles at moments notice. i don't want to carry around any special decks, magnets, rings, gimmicked coins or anything of that sort. That is just my personal style.

On the other hand there are also many effects that are impromptu that achieve the same result as effects that use gimmicks. sinful is a great example as there used to be the very same effect which used a gimmick can, but mr. houchin has come up with the same miracle as putting a signed quarter in a soda can impromptu. Catching my drift?

Impromptu is just my name of the game and that's why i'm such a huge fan of wayne houchin, because I feel like his personal style of magic relates to mine. I don't mind effects that use everyday objects for the "gimmick" portion of the effect, but I don't want an effect where i need to have a special "something" to perform the effect.

In no way am I dissing effects where a gimmick is required. By all means if you like it, then that's a plus for you because it gives you the opportunity of have more effects in your arsenal.

Again on a final note, my arsenal consists of quality and not quantity ;)

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
From the bottom list of daniel madison effects, which of them are impromptu as in they do not require gimmicks.....god i hate gimmicks :)....please let me know from whoever has purchased any of these effects. I only do gimmickless effects and I just want to know which ones are impromptu so I can go ahead with my purchases:

1)Wrath
2)Breach
3)Irreversible
4)Bound

Thanks guys.

Why only do gimmickless effects? Well, not here to judge.

Bound seems to have at the least some setup, so it's out.

Breach does say there is a gimmickless version, so that should be okay.

Wrath appears to have setup at the least, so it's out.

Irreversible seems to not use gimmicks, but it would be hard to fathom a way to accomplish that without some setup or gimmick is there is no sleight of hand involved and an instant reset.

-ThrallMind

Sep 1, 2007
Irreversible seems to not use gimmicks, but it would be hard to fathom a way to accomplish that without some setup or gimmick is there is no sleight of hand involved and an instant reset.

-ThrallMind

I own irreversible... it is gimmicked. Man Mitchell is working hard at modding without the actual Mod name :p .................. don't hurt me lol

guy

Sep 1, 2007
tampa fl
www.myspace.com

1)Wrath
2)Breach
3)Irreversible
4)Bound

Thanks guys.

i all the above and yes, you need gimmicks. but trust me, its well worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results