Daniel Madison Style backfire...

S

SuicideBoy555

d+M's siginiture style is what I am big on. I have created an original flourish. A flourish that has taken a year and a half to get exactly the way i want and smoothly performed. It is pretty challenging and I think that you would all like it. It inspires off of some of the concepts behind Daniel Madison's LETHAL. Now i am sad to say that I am actually scared to put it up because of all the hate that it will draw.

The reason is because of the majority of people that have gave me so much drama for performing Daniel's flourishes...which I don't understand. You can see some footage of me from 7 moths ago here. That video was right before I stoped putting up videos because of how much hate was being drawn to me.

I just want to know if all this "your copying DANIEL way to much" stuff has stoped so I can share my flourish with you guys...I already obtained permission from Daniel to teach the very few moves that are in my seqence that are concepts from LETHAL. Please respond quickly. Thanks for your time.

-Jon R.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
I would just say don't let it bother you.

People will always find ways to criticize others. Maybe they just don't think it's original enough what you do. Personally I like your style and Madison's style. I don't think there is anything wrong with what you are doing. If you have original material that you want to share, then share it. :)

As long as you aren't exposing anything, and you are giving proper credits, there is nothing wrong with what you have done and what you are talking about doing. But at the same time, just accept that there will be haters making comments. Asking them to stop will just make things worse. Be confident with what you do, be ethical, and you'll be fine. ;)

Peace,
-Tim

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
the problem was not that you were doing his flourishes, but rather, copying EVERYTHING off his videos.

dont cloud the fact that you were a clone by directing attention to all the hate brought to you when you failed to realise what it was that you were doing wrong.

on the other hand, its nice to know that youve made something original.

I look forward to being surprised by your development over the past few months.

regards.

EDIT: hmm, evidently youre the wrong person. I was under the assumption that you were that d+R fellow. I actually thought the video you linked here wasnt bad. Smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SuicideBoy555

Thanks everyone

Hey All,

I want to say thank you very much for not only taking the time to read the message but for actually posting your views. I appreciate and want to say that It is all great advice. Once again Thank and you will be seeing my original(s) cooming soon. Im considering it as my re-debut haha. Well again thank you. God Bless.

-Jon R.

Hey,

i remember this video. It was some time ago but i remember liking it.
Im not shure what i commented here on T11 but i think i was supportive on the fact that you really learned those flourishes well and that they are extremely smooth and accurate.

I still loved the video and i think it should be an inspiration on how devoted someone can be to learning flourishes. Because some just learn the flourish but dont practice and then they make a video hoping to get credit.
Your video was awesome!

But the fact that you have alot of influence by DM is still bothering me. I dont know whats up with you now but at the time i think i also commented that it was too DM.

Why?

The moves were exactly taken from the DVD. Movements, the aftemovements attitude etc.
But what i probably didnt think of at the time was that you are just getting into this and developing a style of your own takes ages.(belive me i know)

The fact was that you learned the flourishes from dm and you didnt have quite your own style at your time which made you take the style of dm, because thats what you were seeing all the time.

I apologize for saying that at the time, i just couldnt figure this out.
And actually copying someones style might make it easier to develop your
own.

I hope you put up a new video because i for one would love to see your development in style.

Mikk

PS: Probably talked about stuff everyone already knew, just needed to type them out so i could finally understand :).

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Everyone here learns flourishes from another professional creator.Everyone does sybil and its slutty sisters and Daniel madison and devo flourishes.
The reason you more than likely got so much hate was because the VIDEO itself was a copy of daniel madisons. The black shirt,the B/W video,the movements all the same.

S

SuicideBoy555

movements

Ok, are you talking about the movements in the body language or the movements of my hands?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the movements in the hand supposed to look like the originals?? Just wondering.

-Jon R.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Ok, are you talking about the movements in the body language or the movements of my hands?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the movements in the hand supposed to look like the originals?? Just wondering.

-Jon R.

The body movements obviously.
Of course the hands have to have to same movements.
Every movement you made was a copy of his in his videos.
Him turning sideways when performing sybil in the rain(or whatever sybil name it is),Leaning your head forward during Cylinder,Doing the same shot(ECU) where the packet was at his chin leaning towards the camera,etc.
Overall,just the lack of originality and not seeing YOU just a clone of D+M.

S

SuicideBoy555

Sybil In The Rain

If you own DANGEROUS, Daniel tells you to perform that particular flourish Sideways. I mean Im going by what he is saying, also with Bicycle he said to do that same thing, and with Drop Sybil. Also he states that to make flourishes of his look better, YOU HAVE TO MOVE AROUND. That is what he says. Am I wrong?? And leaning towards the cam was a smart thing to do seeing how the resolution on the cam was not the best.

Not trying to get smart, just stating the facts that you probably skipped over.

-Jon R.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
If you own DANGEROUS, Daniel tells you to perform that particular flourish Sideways. I mean Im going by what he is saying, also with Bicycle he said to do that same thing, and with Drop Sybil. Also he states that to make flourishes of his look better, YOU HAVE TO MOVE AROUND. That is what he says. Am I wrong?? And leaning towards the cam was a smart thing to do seeing how the resolution on the cam was not the best.

Not trying to get smart, just stating the facts that you probably skipped over.

-Jon R.

He's not telling you to do it.He's advising you.
The thing he tells you are to get your brain working to create your own moves with the flourish.Instead of just turning sideways why not spin sideways?Add a little rhythm to it you know?Your OWN flavor.

S

SuicideBoy555

Advice

His advice is great to folow though, but yes I undertand what you are saying.
I personally believe that those particular flourishes look better the way he ADVISES you to perform them. Thats why I have. Now thats not being a clone, that listening to the advice and making it happen.

Also you said a black and white t-shirt combination is also a d+M style.
Since when is no one aloud to wear that just becuase?
I have worn Black since I was 14. So come on really?

-Jon R.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
His advice is great to folow though, but yes I undertand what you are saying.
I personally believe that those particular flourishes look better the way he ADVISES you to perform them. Thats why I have. Now thats not being a clone, that listening to the advice and making it happen.

Also you said a black and white t-shirt combination is also a d+M style.
Since when is no one aloud to wear that just becuase?
I have worn Black since I was 14. So come on really?

-Jon R.

Ive worn plain black T-shirts since I was 8. Im just telling you what these people were complaining about.
It was TOO much like Daniels videos.Thats it.

S

SuicideBoy555

Fair enough

I undertand your criticism and aslo, I thank you for it.
Also for your time to say what you thought would lessen the flame.

-Jon R.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
No one's stopping you from doing what you like, it's just advice to help you improve and perhaps become an inspiration to some. Create some of your own flourishes that maybe are not constantly pivoting around fingers. Use a thumb cut, or a one card twirl or anything that brings something new to the table. If you continue on the track you're going, you won't be going very far. You are limiting yourself. I mean you didn't even defend yourself against the "haterz"

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results