"Dark Light Deck"

Apr 13, 2010
Banning CA
I thought about the many kinds of decks out there and thought to myself outside of gaffs and colors what really hasn't been done. This may or may not have been done(not sure), but here's the thought. You purchase a deck of cards labeled "Dark Light" the box appears blank on all sides...so you open the box and pull out the cards and to your confusion they appear blank on all sides as well. Your thinking to yourself "five bucks for this?" then while you're holding both the cards and box you walk by your blacklight placed above you magicians workbench and there it is. A deck and box that is only seen under a black light (and possibly glows too). So there it is an idea I've had after seeing so many decks out there.;)

Mar 21, 2010
Interesting idea, but where would you find the time and place to perform with this deck? I know there are a few places that use blacklight, but...

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yeah. Novel idea, but I can't think of anything I'd use that deck for. Very limited options for performance, if you need to have a blacklight to do anything with them.

Apr 13, 2010
Banning CA
Don't some bars have blacklights in them...or maybe at raves or clubs. I read alot about people going and doing magic at those places. The last place I visited like that had black lights and a low lights for atmosphere. I don't know maybe my idea could be incorperated into a gaff.

Mar 21, 2010
@CallingEagle - That's what I was inferring to when I said a few places used blacklights. Although it would be a pretty idea to use them in that situation, the target audience it would be targetting towards would be those who perform in bars or night clubs.

Sep 2, 2007
London
I think that deck could make for some interesting flourish routines. In a rave where the cards were in motion, moving in and out of the blacklight, the faces of the cards would appear to shimmer and vanish and reappear. Nice! I want some!

Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
The kinds of bars I have been to were either dance clubs or goth bars, but black lights were common enough in both.

In younger days, mistreating my hair with a very much NOT recommended misuse of bleach and blue hair dye once caused an amusing result. One streak of my hair glowed green under the black light at a bar I frequented. It was a dance-oriented place that mixed the top 40 with popular "club" music at the time. Most of the black lights were hung near the pool tables. My favorite bar had black walls with murals that glowed under black lights.

Anyway. Being old enough to have put bar-hopping in my past, I can relate that black lights are common enough fixtures in the kinds of bars where people go to dance.

The Tragic Royalty Deck was designed to look nice under a black light. But that was a far cry form what you are suggesting.

Apr 13, 2010
Banning CA
I know this deck would basically be used only under black lights but when you think of the places where the blacks lights are there are usually a lot of potential spectators. And I would imagine people in bar, raves, and clubs would like to see flashy things that grab their attention...I mean they are in those places for that reason.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results