Darwin Ortiz: Strong Magic

Oct 6, 2007
I havent finished the book, but may I just tell you all that this is a truly AMAZING book.

If you ever wondered why you couldn't get the reations you had expected, or just want to get BETTER and BIGGER REACTIONS, this is the book to get.

It's packed with gret information on how to perform and present your magic better.

Its not only a great book to imporve your magic, it's fun to read.

Serisouly, don't even hesitate about this one. This book is the bomb.

P.S., I'm interested in the book 'Magic and Showmanship' by Hemming Nelms. Anoyone got any info?

Oct 9, 2007
Well, I havn't got this book, but I do have his At the Card Table DVD's which has some pretty strong magic in it.

Although, what struck me most about these DVDs is how bad a performer he is. His 3 Card Monte routine especially sticks in my mind as a terrible performance and his jokes leave the audience feeling awkward, and based simply on that, I have no plans on getting the book and I am sure (if not, certain) there are other books out there that will give better advice.

I do love his magic though. CardShark is an excellent book, as is his At the Card Table book/DVD.

Jan 17, 2008
Sask, Canada
Well, I havn't got this book, but I do have his At the Card Table DVD's which has some pretty strong magic in it.

Although, what struck me most about these DVDs is how bad a performer he is. His 3 Card Monte routine especially sticks in my mind as a terrible performance and his jokes leave the audience feeling awkward, and based simply on that, I have no plans on getting the book and I am sure (if not, certain) there are other books out there that will give better advice.

I do love his magic though. CardShark is an excellent book, as is his At the Card Table book/DVD.

It's called, "Expert At The Card Table". Also, it's Wesley James who does his own handlings and insights on the DVD's, not Erdnase, for obvious reasons. The book was originally published in 1902 by S.W. Erdnase. Erdnase's true identity is one of the enduring mysteries of the magic community. The book has been considered, and is still considered one of the best books ever written for magicians. It has become a study guide for many professional magicians.

If you got the DVD's you should of also gotten the book with it as it's part of the package. I personally don't have the DVD'd because I have the book. The book is so much more valuable that whatever they can squeeze onto a DVD set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 17, 2008
Sask, Canada
My blunder!! Sorry about that. Were talking about Darwin Ortiz's "At The Card Table" and not "Expert At The Card Table". Please don't cast an evil spell on me.(lol)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results