David Stone's - Window

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
This has great potential, and some others who have reviewed this seem to have a better experience than me. I just want to put this out on the web for all potential buyers to be aware of. This is crap. The gimmick, which is difficult to make, looks nothing like it does on video. mine looks horrible and will only pass if I perform from a good distance (10 ft) away from spectators, which is doable, i guess. there is no way my gimmick will pass scrutiny from someone looking up close, and I cant reveal why it looks like sh*t without giving it away, but lets just say I am dissapointed. I will have to make some adjustments to it right outta the box to keep it from falling appart. I dont know if I should contact Ellusionist about that or david stone's company or affiliates, as it is fixable, but for $70 this is not acceptable.

Sorry about the rant

- D

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Thanks for the review.

I was going to get this, as I am a fan of the ctw, but your review turned me off the product.

I had this feeling it was too good to be true, but the demo made it look so good.

Thanks for your thoughts,

V.

May 3, 2008
Thanks a lot for this. I knew something would be wrong with this. And you really can't trust Ellusionist's reviews judging by the fact that they only allow positive ones on the site.

Mar 2, 2008
Thanks a lot for this. I knew something would be wrong with this. And you really can't trust Ellusionist's reviews judging by the fact that they only allow positive ones on the site.

That goes for just about every magic site.

I would buy window, but i really don't feel right spending all that money on one trick. Plus this review makes me wonder...

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
Actually it's a really easy effect and if you follow along with the DVD it pretty much teaches you how to do it correctly.

its not the effect, which has a lot of potential. its the actual quality of the gimmick that is not too good. It doesnt look like damage aquired during shipping, too, and unfortunately i cant really say without revealing. The ellusionist forum moderators told me to contact them with photos and i will. If they could give me a perfect gimmick, i would keep this and perform it definately. Maybe there are good looking gimicks out there... Perhaps I have a fluke in my hands... (an expensive freakin fluke). just beware when you purchase this that a camera doesnt pick up all the little details a person would be able to see

Sep 12, 2007
Normandy, FRANCE
Also, I'd like to add something to what has been said here...The change is the only good thing about this DVD ; don't expect to find in it a great CTW effect, you'd be disappointed... There is no magical moment during which the specs will wonder "How the hell did my card go through this window ?". If that's what you're looking for, well...search somewhere else and go for KAOS for example (a TRUE ungimmicked impromptue un-expensive CTW).

I feel Window should almost be used for a different kind of effect, like a prediction effect or something...

Sorry for the bad comment, but I felt a bit robbed when I watched the 3 minut DVD. It's true that the change is UNBELIEVABLE, but hey ! 70$ seemed a bit overpriced to me... :(

Sep 9, 2007
I gotta say I'm not a fan either.

I do like the IDEA behind the gimmick and it may motivate me to think of an idea of my own, but as it is, I'll have to give it the thumbs down.

also, like someone else posted - it doesn't solve the problem of why/how the card is actually there. so really, it's just half an effect. It's not a card through window it's more of a color change through window....

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I gotta say I'm not a fan either.

I do like the IDEA behind the gimmick and it may motivate me to think of an idea of my own, but as it is, I'll have to give it the thumbs down.

also, like someone else posted - it doesn't solve the problem of why/how the card is actually there. so really, it's just half an effect. It's not a card through window it's more of a color change through window....

Same thoughts here.

It's not a ctw, it's a color change through a window.

Also, it's basically the "Here, Then There" effect, but only presented on a window.

V.

Sep 1, 2007

Actually, Ellusionist does allow negative reviews- as long as they are justified. The reviews they don't allow are those that just rant about the product, without actually giving any sensible reasons for why it's bad, such as "this suck b@lls" or something of the like.

Jan 28, 2009
First, I don't know what your gimmick looks like, but the second you know what the gimmick is, its going to appear obvious to you. I'm fairly sure everyone on this forum knew when watching the demo what 'kind' of gimmick this was going to be. It's a well known gimmick, with some heavy modifications.

So you got unlucky with a crappy gimmick. Shoot, you can replicate the gimmick yourself, its not that hard to make if you've made any kind of card related gimmicks yourself. Sure you shouldn't have to for $70 bucks, but that doesn't make the effect bad. Take a picture send it to E and they'll replace the gimmick! You can't expect them to take your word on it on a 70 buck gimmick. Lol.

This is a very pricey effect, and that's because the gimmick isn't something mass producible. It's not something that is run off a production line, or comes off of a printing press. It's a hand made gimmick, and its sturdy and more than discreet enough.

Now everyone's like, "You can't trust E's reviews." That's nonsense. The guy may have got unlucky with a bad version of the gimmick. It's no biggie. It's cool. Get in touch with support at e and they'll sort you out.

The effect and the gimmick's I've seen for this effect are perfectly constructed and this is a good effect.

As I said....Unless you perform in an environment where it can be used though, I can't see it being enormously useful for a paying gig, but that doesn't effect 99% of the people on this forum.

May 31, 2008
This is a very pricey effect, and that's because the gimmick isn't something mass producible. It's not something that is run off a production line, or comes off of a printing press. It's a hand made gimmick, and its sturdy and more than discreet enough.

Michael Ammar's moving pips gimmick used in DisTortion is also handmade, yet with a DVD it is only $25.

Jan 28, 2009
Michael Ammar's moving pips gimmick used in DisTortion is also handmade, yet with a DVD it is only $25.

Yes, but that was a gimmick for the lazy. It's a simple gimmick to make and requires about 2 components, which every magician has to hand.

The gimmick for window contains materials which are intrinsically more expensive and significantly more difficult to put together.

May 31, 2008
Yes, but that was a gimmick for the lazy. It's a simple gimmick to make and requires about 2 components, which every magician has to hand.

The gimmick for window contains materials which are intrinsically more expensive and significantly more difficult to put together.

Yeah, the Window gimmick would be harder, but I don't think the moving pips gimmick would be a cake walk either. You have to ****** the ******* *** through the card, and then attach the **** ***** **** to the ******* ****.

Oct 16, 2009
This has great potential, and some others who have reviewed this seem to have a better experience than me. I just want to put this out on the web for all potential buyers to be aware of. This is crap. The gimmick, which is difficult to make, looks nothing like it does on video. mine looks horrible and will only pass if I perform from a good distance (10 ft) away from spectators, which is doable, i guess. there is no way my gimmick will pass scrutiny from someone looking up close, and I cant reveal why it looks like sh*t without giving it away, but lets just say I am dissapointed. I will have to make some adjustments to it right outta the box to keep it from falling appart. I dont know if I should contact Ellusionist about that or david stone's company or affiliates, as it is fixable, but for $70 this is not acceptable.

Sorry about the rant

- D

mate
i couldnt agree with u any more!!!!!
i recieved this today and its utter rubbish !!!( no offence)
the gimmick i gotjut dangles silly on the window whe his o the dvd is completely straight!!!
very dissapointed!!!

elec

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
It's and OK thing. Just a bit way too much for a DVD and one Gimmick. Specially sense the DVD is hella short. I mean come on. Other DVD's add a ton of stuff. I know Rich Ferguson's stuff is like 2 hours long and those cost like 30 bucks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results