Dear Mr Fantasy by John Bannon

Sep 3, 2007
I'm sure more than a few of you have heard of this book, and if you haven't, look into it. I've looked everywhere I can think of, and there seems to be no place I can get my hands on this book. So I'm asking all of you at T11 if any of you would be willing to find it in your hearts to part with this terrific piece of magic. If so, shoot me a PM about it. I'm willing to pay retail price for your used copy, so PLEASE help me out here.

-SS

Aug 31, 2007
I'm sure more than a few of you have heard of this book, and if you haven't, look into it. I've looked everywhere I can think of, and there seems to be no place I can get my hands on this book. So I'm asking all of you at T11 if any of you would be willing to find it in your hearts to part with this terrific piece of magic. If so, shoot me a PM about it. I'm willing to pay retail price for your used copy, so PLEASE help me out here.

-SS

Good luck man; it's by far the best book I own. Have you tried contacting Mr. Bannon personally? Last I knew he still had a few copies for sale.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
It's not that hard to get if you are in the US or anywhere non-UK you can get it from several UK magic shops if you are willing to pay more for shipping.

Sep 3, 2007
My apologies if I'm doing something that breaks forum policy.

But.. um.. does anybody have John Bannon's email address? I can't find a trace of his site anywhere.

-SS

Dec 8, 2007
Dear Mr Fantasy

I need help locating a copy of Dear Mr Fantasy by John Bannon. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Good luck finding it. The last place I found it for sale was directly from John, which is where I bought my copy. I doubt many online shops have a single copy of this remaining on their shelves at this point. If you are looking into buying it from someone privately I doubt you will get it for retail value considering the book is and has been out of print for awhile now.

--Jim

Dec 8, 2007
Dear Mr Fantasy

Thanks for the tip Jim. I have checked online sites and book dealers with no luck. I did find some websites with copies in Asia and Australia but the price was very expensive. Do you have the contact info for John Bannon? Thanks, Chas

Dec 3, 2007
NYC
i orderded my copy of Dear Mr. Fantasy back in june directly from his website. i have just checked and that site no longer works. so he must have sold his remaining stock and has since closed that website down. at the time he had about 12-13 copies left.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
John is a very busy guy both in magic and in his full time job. By most accounts I can see his domain expired and I am not sure if he has plans to renew it. The problem with contacting him was that his e-mail was part of that domain that expired so contacting him directly is going to be difficult at best.

If you are a member of the Magic Cafe and have more than 50 posts you should be able to post a WTB for this book in the books for sale section of the forums. Keep hunting for the book because it will be worth it in the end to own it and the knowledge within the pages.

--Jim

Aug 31, 2007
Newton, MA
I love this book. Bought it last month from a shop in Mass, it is called Diamond Magic. Look it up! I was shocked they had it in stock...
Hope that helps
Adam

Dec 8, 2007
Thanks everyone for your help. I was able to find a copy. If anyone is still looking I found copies at several UK sites and one in Australia.It will cost more due to the shipping if you are located in the US. A word of warning, I found several dealer sites that listed the book in stock but when I ordered it I received an email that the book was out of stock. Thanks again for the help. I wouldn't have been able to find the book without all the information I received. Chas

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks everyone for your help. I was able to find a copy. If anyone is still looking I found copies at several UK sites and one in Australia.It will cost more due to the shipping if you are located in the US. A word of warning, I found several dealer sites that listed the book in stock but when I ordered it I received an email that the book was out of stock. Thanks again for the help. I wouldn't have been able to find the book without all the information I received. Chas

Great news! When you get it if you want to chat about anything in the book feel free to drop me a PM. I have been aching for a reason to dive back into this book again but just haven't had the time =(

--Jim

Sep 1, 2007
I love this book. I do a lot of the routines on here. Great stuff! John Bannon needs to release Cardzilla now. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results