Deceptions Vol.1 VS. Fire & Ice

Jan 16, 2008
Hey all,

I have money to spend (not much), and I have stumbled upon Dee Christopher and Chris Lafferty's amazing creations "Fire & Ice" (combination of "Cinders" and "Freezer Burn"). Then my eyes were drawn to "Deceptions Vol.1" by Daniel Madison and Randall Freeman, and I was flabbergasted by the cheap price for 12 (TWELVE) TnR effects.
So, which effect should I buy?
I'm new to TnR effects and elemental magic, so which one would give me more of a kickstart in their separate fields of magic?:confused:

Thanks for helping.
.david

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
I would go along with Deceptions, some great ideas an plots for the torn an restorn card, highly recommended. I own the cinders and fire & ice package, an well I was a little disappointed. Cinders is a great idea...but for me...the pictures are hard to decifer wats going on. Fire & Ice is jus a manuscript with effects using REAL ice...no pictures in it...but it was ok. Hope this helps :)

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I would go along with Deceptions, some great ideas an plots for the torn an restorn card, highly recommended. I own the cinders and fire & ice package, an well I was a little disappointed. Cinders is a great idea...but for me...the pictures are hard to decifer wats going on. Fire & Ice is jus a manuscript with effects using REAL ice...no pictures in it...but it was ok. Hope this helps :)

I agree with Michael.

I loved Deceptions as it has many ideas for the tnr plot, you really get your moneys worth.

V.

Jan 16, 2008
Would you guys care to elaborate more? Because I like elemental magic, and my encounter with TnR had been Torn by Daniel Garcia, and...I was kind of disappointed.:(
Besides there being no pictures in FreezerBurn, what other negatives does it have?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results